Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm coming out of the closet...

I'm coming out of the closet...

I'm a little embarassed and ashamed to admit this. It has been building up for a while now however. The only person I've ever discussed it with is my friend Karl. I've tried to bury these feelings inside me and not let them show, but I just can't do it anymore, I have to be true to who I am.

After 18 years as a Cleveland Browns fan, I can't take it anymore. I gave up on watching them three years ago. I turned to the Browns in 1988 after I felt let down by the Bengals in the Super Bowl. I stood by the Browns through mediocrity and downright abyssmal seasons...not to mention five years without even fielding a team.

But last year, I started to return to my roots. I watched every Bengals game on television straight through the playoffs. I was on the edge of my seat this year for the first preseason game. I'd never even watched a preseason NFL game before...

I found myself loving Carson, Rudi, CJ, Hooch, Chris Perry, etc.

And now, I just have to admit that I am once again a Bengals fan, and that my father was right all these years...

Who Dey!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: I'm coming out of the closet...

Glad to see you're enjoying a real legit NFL caliber football team.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Welcome Back!!!!

I too started out as a 5 year old Dallas fan because i like the STARS lol.. it carried over until i was old enough to relize...about 8 years ago at the age of 18... MY TEAM has always been, and always will be the BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Born in Ohio, Live in KY, im Ohio Sports all the way and a converted Wildcat fan

Bengals
    Bucks
    Reds
    dont like NBA
    I keep track of the Bluejackets..
    and follow the KY Wildcats BBALL pretty hard

WHO DEY!!
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Thanks for the support. It's going to be quite costly replacing my wardrobe...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

We'll see you later, sava, say in about 3-4 years.

And as usual, we will welcome you back with open arms.

Thanks for sticking it out.

Sincerely,
    Browns fans - including myself, GAC, Boyds, et. al. - who also cheer for the Reds.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

So glad to have you back!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Thanks for the support. It's going to be quite costly replacing my wardrobe...
    Going from orange to orange and black underwear is the first step in the right direction.
    Let's see...I have a picture of my thong somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Let's see...I have a picture of my thong somewhere...
    No no...that's quite alright. One closet at a time.

I, for one, am not so quick to welcome you back, my friend. You abandoned us during our darkest, most difficult days. Many of us stuck with the team through all the painful Dave Shula-David Klingler-Akili Smith-Dick LeBeau-just-hope-we-can-score-even-once-this game days. And now that the Bengals are legit...you're suddenly back? Why should we be so eager to embace you, prodigal? Why aren't you willing to stick-it-out with your Brownies like most of us did with the Bengals? Fair-weather? I have little time for band-wagon-jumping, fair-weather wannabes who suddenly post a big boo-hooey "I'm coming out of the closet" thread to gain support and sympathy. "Look at me! I'm cool! I like the Bengals now!" You had your chance. Go back to Cleveland...traitor!

Sava...one more thing, before you get all riled up and twisted over this post, you must know this: I'm just messin' with ya...sorta.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

For the record Max, I watched a lot of those Klingler and Akili games as well, because the Browns games weren't televised here.

Band wagon jumper
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    I, for one, am not so quick to welcome you back, my friend. You abandoned us during our darkest, most difficult days. Many of us stuck with the team through all the painful Dave Shula-David Klingler-Akili Smith-Dick LeBeau-just-hope-we-can-score-even-once-this game days. And now that the Bengals are legit...you're suddenly back? Why should we be so eager to embace you, prodigal? Why aren't you willing to stick-it-out with your Brownies like most of us did with the Bengals? Fair-weather? I have little time for band-wagon-jumping, fair-weather wannabes who suddenly post a big boo-hooey "I'm coming out of the closet" thread to gain support and sympathy. "Look at me! I'm cool! I like the Bengals now!" You had your chance. Go back to Cleveland...traitor!

Sava...one more thing, before you get all riled up and twisted over this post, you must know this: I'm just messin' with ya...sorta.
    I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with Max on this one. Perhaps a probationary period would be best to see how it works out for everyone.

Let's start off with a nice 5-paragraph essay on why Ken Anderson should be in the Hall of Fame. Do well on that and we'll move on to a comparison piece between Boobie Clark and Essex Johnson.

I say we make him watch all of the games from 1994-96, and I also want to know the name of the linebacker that twisted Dave Shula's cap on the sidelines in 1992.

....And for extra credit, I wanna know who caught Brett Favre's first ever game winning touchdown lob against the Bengals in that same season of 1992.

We all have to feel that pain.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?