Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Start of Free Agency

Start of Free Agency

When can teams start siging free agents?I know its sometime after the World Series,but how soon after.Is it the next day or a week later or what.Appreciate the help just wondering how soon Wayne can start rebuilding this Reds team,thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Start of Free Agency

Appreciate it if someone could chime in on this topic.It is just killing me waiting on the WS to end so Wayne can start working his magic,well I hope it turns to magic.Appreciate the help in advance.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Great question. I need to look this up myself. Not sure what the EXACT rule is.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I would assume after the world series but I don't know

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Nov. 1st.....give or take

I would assume if because of weather, the series goes longer than that...than FA would be postponed...

I am only having a selective memory here, but I thought it started 15 days after the end of the World Series so there was no set date.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Thanks guys for the help,hey who knew all I had to do is look at my birth date(nov. 1st) and I had the answer.Thanks again.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Regardless, I highly doubt you'll see much action in the first week of FA signing. Most of the good stuff happens during the winter meeting(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I am only having a selective memory here, but I thought it started 15 days after the end of the World Series so there was no set date.
    That is what I remember too. Players have 15 days to declare and can only negotiate with their current teams during that period. After that its a free for all.

I agree 21 most of the good signings come during the winter meetings.It starts at the end of Nov. or start of Dec. right.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    So there were no free agents after 1994?

Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?