Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Reds From MLBTradeRumors.com

Re: 2007 Reds From MLBTradeRumors.com

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    He's not that bad, a solid 4/5 starter.
    Whoever has the stats detailing just how bad Milton has been during his tenure with the Reds, please post them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    There are some posters around here that would find out that not competing in 2007 will make them jump the bridge.

I would also think that in 2007 that if the Reds slide back, there's gonna be a managerial change.
    Now, that opened my eyes at 2:20 AM.

Pray.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

If we don't compete now, narron will be fired and other changes will occur, contracts will end. It just doesn't make sense in my opinion.
    I hope your right about Narron, because even if the Reds make huge improvements (like sign Barry Zito) they have a lot of ground to make up. Let's not forget the Reds Pythagorean W-L puts them at 76-86 for 2006 with a run differential of around -50. A 10 game improvement would put them at .500 which may be a stretch especially if Krivsky keeps fillling the offense with "guys who know how to play the game" (Juan Castro, etc.).

My biggest fear about the '06 season was that the Reds (and many of their fans) would think that they were a competitive team. They weren't! It was a mirage and it's apparent some of the fans have bought into it---let's hope management hasn't but I'm not holding my breath.

This team has a ton of work to do to become competitive and another half ton to reach challenger status. Specific items have been detailed in most posts on this board---pick a thread.

Castellini missed his chance by passing on Sweet Lou. Giving Narron an extention was like passing gas in VW Bug packed with six car poolers and it still stinks! If Lou was willing to work next season it should of have been for the Reds and Jerry should been given a summer vacation.

For all their talk the Castellini group still has to show me something to back it up.

Rem

He's not that bad, a solid 4/5 starter.
    Worth 9 Mil though?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I think the Reds can move Griffey if they agree to pay the remaining defered portion of his contract. At 6 million, Griffey would be a reasonable DH for an AL team.

Any trade involving Dunn would probably require a team reworking his contract which would extend it beyond the 2007 season. But if the Reds trade Dunn, they would have to get a hitter in return along with pitching.

Trading Milton and LaRue will be almost impossible unless the Reds eat the majority of their contracts. With that said, the Reds would probably be better off carrying them on the roster and let them leave as free agents after the 2007 season.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    $9 or $10 million won't get Lilly by himself.
    Ted Lilly is not worth $9M or $10M.

While he might be a solution at #3 or #4, that solution shouldn't cost $9M or $10M.

I'm still looking for an answer as to why all the manlove for Ted Lilly.

I think a lot of people are operating under the assumption that Lilly will be an under-the-radar, relatively inexpensive signing. I doubt it.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Whoever has the stats detailing just how bad Milton has been during his tenure with the Reds, please post them.
    2004: .810 OPSA
    2005: .890 OPSA
    2006: .794 OPSA

So far, I can find only three MLB SP over those three years who posted OPSA numbers at, or above, .793 each season: Eric Milton, Ramon Ortiz, and Kyle Lohse. The latter two pitchers have done it four years in a row.

It's like the Reds collect "suck".
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post

So far, I can find only three MLB SP over those three years who posted OPSA numbers at, or above, .793 each season: Eric Milton, Ramon Ortiz, and Kyle Lohse. The latter two pitchers have done it four years in a row.

It's funny, in reading your post as soon as you said the above, I knew the names that folllowed would either be current or former Reds' pitchers.

Not funny as in "ha ha." Funny as in, I don't know, "I just slipped on a banana peel and landed on a pick axe," funny, maybe.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post

It's funny, in reading your post as soon as you said the above, I knew the names that folllowed would either be current or former Reds' pitchers.

Not funny as in "ha ha." Funny as in, I don't know, "I just slipped on a banana peel and landed on a pick axe," funny, maybe.
    Yep, funny like a shotgun blast to the head.

Over the past three seasons, only ONE MLB team has posted an OPS at, or above, .793 each season. Basically, the Reds collect pitchers who turn opposing offenses into the New York Yankees every fifth day.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Over the past three seasons, only ONE MLB team has posted an OPS at, or above, .793 each season. Basically, the Reds collect pitchers who turn opposing offenses into the New York Yankees every fifth day.
    Well, in 2005 (Milton / Ortiz) it was 2 out of every 5 days.

Nice work. Seriously, that almost takes talent to pull off.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Well, in 2005 (Milton / Ortiz) it was 2 out of every 5 days.

Nice work. Seriously, that almost takes talent to pull off.
    Yep. And I didn't even put Joe Mays on the list.

--Ted Williams

What makes it even funnier - and worse - is that both Milton and Lohse are slotted to be in the rotation next season unless some major/unlikely changes are made.

From 2005-07, the Reds will have paid ~$35 million for what's likely over 900 worthless innings of Ortiz, Milton and Lohse. Imagine what could be done with $35 million over a span of only three seasons. Instead, this organization has elected to give it to a group of pitchers that do a great job of giving up runs in buckets and losing games.

And people wonder why this team has been awful. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

That's just pitiful.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?