Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 24 Season 6

Re: 24 Season 6

Season 6 ---- 24 hours of my life I will never get back.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

From TV Guide:

COEXECUTIVE PRODUCER MANNY COTO SAYS: Jack [Kiefer Sutherland] starts next season in a very different place than any season so far. Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year. CTU has become almost too comfortable, you know? "We need to carry out this operation - Chloe, grab Satellite X and get us a feed!" That's gone. We're pulling the rug out from under our characters. It's a pretty radical shift - a totally different context with a totally different villain. There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much closer to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on U.S. soil. In a sense, it's a reboot - in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: it's not a Muslim terrorist. In fact, it's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific. And whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. I just can't say enough how exciting it is, it's going to be pretty damn cool.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    From TV Guide:
    I bet Jack is working for animal control and 600 monkeys get loose in the city and Jack has to get them all back or........well really nothing, just that all the monkeys won't be back. But it will be the longest day of his life.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I bet Jack is working for animal control and 600 monkeys get loose in the city and Jack has to get them all back or........well really nothing, just that all the monkeys won't be back. But it will be the longest day of his life.

Dammit, Chloe.... set up a perimeter
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Personally I thought the lamest part of the episode and the whole season was the moment in split screed when Jack on the beach and his father on the oil rig were both starting into the distance, sharing some sort of Jedi connection.

I'm not convinced Phillip Bauer is dead...

Just sayin'
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Just sayin'

I'm thinking the same thing. we'll see

UGH I don't even like Phillip Bauer outside of the first few episodes!
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    UGH I don't even like Phillip Bauer outside of the first few episodes!
    Every time I see Cromwell, I still think of the farmer in Babe. I have a tendency to always think of an actor in light of the first role I see him in.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I just got around to watching the finale on my DVR tonight. I'm torn whether it was more underwhelming than the resolution of the nukes story arc from a few weeks back.

Just sayin'
    Me too. I kept expecting to see a shot of his boat in the water. Did Jack not notice that there was a boat right behind ol' Dad?

I hope Bill and Karen will be very happy on their farm in Vermont. Maybe they can keep Cheng in custody in their barn?
    /r/reds

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

We never really found out if Logan died either. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    We never really found out if Logan died either. Hmm...
    True...that five minute storyline was handled poorly. Gregory Itzin deserved so much better.

Turn Off Ads?