Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes- Season One (NBC)

Re: Heroes- Season One (NBC)

You can download past episodes of Heroes on iTunes, they are $1.99 each.
    Tyler

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Say bye-bye to commercials - it's freakin' great. DVR is one of those things I didn't know I needed until I got it. I love it in an almost unnatural way.
    I wish they had it for radio.

I no longer have television, but I don't want to miss out on what's happening with this show. Is there any free way to view the episodes online?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I no longer have television, but I don't want to miss out on what's happening with this show. Is there any free way to view the episodes online?
    Yep u can view all webisodes as they call it at NBC.com for free.
    THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by beb30 View Post
    Yep u can view all webisodes as they call it at NBC.com for free.
    Sweet!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Big episode tonight. Lots of questions need to be addressed!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I'm toolsy.

Any predictions for tonight's episode?

The cheerleader formerly presses charges against Puffy calling him "that creepy, old dude."
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

University of Cincinnati

Claire.....giggity giggity
    THE University of Cincinnati

In the USA Today television guide it says, "Niki tells......"

So we know Ali Larter's character is not dead (not that anyone would have thought that)
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Interesting show tonight. We now see that Mica does indeed have powers.

I wonder what the marks on the neck of (insert name of Detective guy) are?

A couple of hints at costumes tonight, I hope they don't go that far.

I do like the preview for next week. Looks like we learn more about Claire's father and maybe some insight as to whether he is good or evil.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The cop wasn't the only one with the marks. And I am getting the heel turn vibe from him. Nikki too.

Someone really needs to let the mimic know the nature of his powers. I wonder if he keeps them, or if it is a proximity/length of time thing. If he keeps them, then he's the most powerful of them all.

I'm loving that Mica's dad is actually a good guy. At least deep down.

I'm betting Claire's dad has an agenda that will get eventually pushed aside by his love for his daughter. In other words, face turn. Those are gradual, but we are seeing the beginnings of it now.

I haven't felt this good about a show since Firefly. Just outstanding. Battlestar Galactica has been really good too.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    The cop wasn't the only one with the marks. And I am getting the heel turn vibe from him. Nikki too.

Someone really needs to let the mimic know the nature of his powers. I wonder if he keeps them, or if it is a proximity/length of time thing. If he keeps them, then he's the most powerful of them all.

I'm betting Claire's dad has an agenda that will get eventually pushed aside by his love for his daughter. In other words, face turn. Those are gradual, but we are seeing the beginnings of it now.

I haven't felt this good about a show since Firefly. Just outstanding. Battlestar Galactica has been really good too.
    I don't know about the cop - I don't see the turn like you do. And Mica's Dad is a good guy. I think that is pretty evident.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I dunno. Seems like a genuinely good guy, but maybe the wife's affair pushed him over the edge? And I look at Nikki/Jessica as the Hulk with a nasty agenda. Jessica is evil, but if Nikki can gain control, I think this is more of a wild-card character.

If you mean Peter, then I think it's been established that he loses them after a short time or when the "super" leaves the vicinity.

He's a lot more buff than Kitty Pryde, too. But alas, with different parts and no Lockheed.

And, IMHO, many of the characters are strikingly similar to characters from current and past X-Men books.

Now, this is just a guess, but I have a feeling that Claire's dad might just be a good guy who's trying to "catalogue" the heros and gain an appreciation for their power levels. After all, the Haitian obviously has the power to mind wipe folks, but Matt Parkman is just fine after his abduction.

It's also possible that he's got a power himself and I'd suggest teleportation because he sure bounces around a lot with his Haitian henchman and very quickly.

Oh, yeah. This is a heck of a show. I was a little suspect at first because I wasn't sure how the topic would translate to television (and because of the large cast), but it's a real winner. All they have to do is make sure they don't go all Twin Peaks after the initial storyline is wrapped up.

Other musings below. Keep in mind they're just my opinions, but they might include potential spoilers- be advised:

The "nuclear man" who was arrested (can't remember his character's name) isn't Sylar. But, IMHO, he is the cause of the explosion that takes out New York. My theory is that Sylar's power is that he's able to absorb other powers but needs a certain piece of the character's brain in order to do so. In the "bad" timeline (where NY blows up), he locates the "nuclear man" after killing Claire (thus gaining regeneration), defeats him and opens him up- an event that triggers a huge explosion alluded to in the hospital room (i.e. the nuclear man doesn't know what would happen if the cops shoot him). Sort of like the Parasite ripping open Captain Atom in "Kingdom Come"- which destroyed Kansas.

From what I've seen, Sylar's already got at least telekenisis, flash freeze, magnetism, and either flying or super speed along with a couple others we probably haven't seen yet (he's killed a few folks for their powers by now).

However, in the alternate "good" timeline, Peter shows up to save Claire from Sylar in time to prevent the disaster. He's really the only one who could considering that proximity would give him all of Sylar's powers and Claire's regeneration.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Yeah, well what do you know??

How's it going, Steel? Long time no see.
    Tyler

Turn Off Ads?