Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST: Season 3

Re: LOST: Season 3

Next week's episode, FWIW, is Nikki and Paulo-centric. They will be featured in the backstory. I, most likely, won't watch.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The week after is Kate-centric. I will watch that.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Maybe that's what Sawyer and Kate were working on when they first were captured by the Others. They were obviously clearing land for something and that was after the hatch explosion that supposedly caused the disruption in communication. If that's what it was, why wouldn't they have tried to capture Sun. She's, agriculturally, the strongest, IMO. We'll have to see next week. Maybe they did get to her and she's the one that flipped to their side.
    That's a good point. I pretty much forgot about that part of the storyline by now after the break period and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I also don't buy the whole notion that there is no way to leave the island other than the sub. There doesn't seem to be a lot of concern about provisions, and judging by the amount of Dharma stuff in Ben's fridge, whether they are Dharma or not, they still rely on the Dharma deliveries for their food. If they truly couldn't communicate with the mainland, I think there would be a bit more concern over food. And as of yet I haven't seen any large scale agricultural activity sufficient to support the community in a style they seem accustomed to. Of course maybe that's something we haven't seen yet.
    Well if there are other ways to leave the island, then Ben's big speech about how fortunate it was that Locke blew up the sub was pretty pointless. I saw that speech as a "in case you didn't get it" for the audience.
    Apparently there are automatic food drops for the Dharma folks. It is a real possibility that those on the outside world don't know that things have gone badly for the Dharma group and continue the process until told otherwise.
    Perhaps the Others' agri-projects are preparation for when that time comes.

Next week's episode, FWIW, is Nikki and Paulo-centric. They will be featured in the backstory. I, most likely, won't watch.
    Supposedly, this episode has a huge twist that really changes things.
    Personally, I think Nikki and Paulo are Others that have infiltrated, but I don't have a lot of evidence for that.
    I do think the characters were introduced for a very specific purpose and that purpose is not a lasting one.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    Supposedly, this episode has a huge twist that really changes things.
    Personally, I think Nikki and Paulo are Others that have infiltrated, but I don't have a lot of evidence for that.
    I do think the characters were introduced for a very specific purpose and that purpose is not a lasting one.
    Personally, I've been hoping that those two find a couple of red shirts from a box of Dharma Initiative Halloween costumes and end up as all red shirts end up. I think Ben's speech about the sub being the only way off the island is once again a little suspect. It may be the only way off the island known among the general "Other" population. But I have a feeling Ben was still working on Locke.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Possible spoiler for the future:

After last nights episode and what we know so far, I'm starting to think that John Locke's dad is the real Sawyer, who "Sawyer" took the name after and began his own conning schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    *spoiler*

I believe you are correct on that. They've recently done a very good job tying characters together through their past.

Claire / Jack / Jack's Dad. Jack's Dad / Sawyer. Locke's Dad / Sawyer.

Charlie / Desmond. All very interesting.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Possible spoiler for the future:

After last nights episode and what we know so far, I'm starting to think that John Locke's dad is the real Sawyer, who "Sawyer" took the name after and began his own conning schemes.

I think you're on to something. Now that we know Jack and Claire are related, why not Locke and Sawyer? I figured there was a Sawyer angle in there somewhere.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Best episode of the year last night. I would put it as a top 5 for the whole series. I love the Ben/Locke exchanges.

My guess is they have to kill someone off so they might as well take out a redshirt next week.

The Others still have Desmond's boat. So don't believe the only way off the island crap.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Best episode of the year last night. I would put it as a top 5 for the whole series. I love the Ben/Locke exchanges.

My guess is they have to kill someone off so they might as well take out a redshirt next week.

The Others still have Desmond's boat. So don't believe the only way off the island crap.
    Didn't that get blown up?

Does anyone remember the Hurley-centric episode after he had won the lottery where he was talking to one of his financial advisors and telling him that everything was going to crap and he wanted to give the money away, etc. etc. etc. And then a man was heard falling past the window.

I wonder if that man was John Locke.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Does anyone remember the Hurley-centric episode after he had won the lottery where he was talking to one of his financial advisors and telling him that everything was going to crap and he wanted to give the money away, etc. etc. etc. And then a man was heard falling past the window.

I wonder if that man was John Locke.
    Good call. The falling guy showed up right after it was mentioned to Hurley that he had purchased the controlling interest in a box factory as well.

Maybe that's what Sawyer and Kate were working on when they first were captured by the Others. They were obviously clearing land for something and that was after the hatch explosion that supposedly caused the disruption in communication. If that's what it was, why wouldn't they have tried to capture Sun. She's, agriculturally, the strongest, IMO. We'll have to see next week. Maybe they did get to her and she's the one that flipped to their side.

Let me know. Unless it's a Kate, Ben or Juliette-centric episode, I probably won't watch.
    I've mentioned before (or maybe it was on another board) that I thought Juliette/the others were responsible for Sun's pregnancy. From the previews, I'd say she's the one who's been flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I've mentioned before (or maybe it was on another board) that I thought Juliette/the others were responsible for Sun's pregnancy. From the previews, I'd say she's the one who's been flipped.
    That's somewhat possible.
    A few problems:
    1. She shot and killed an Other very recently and after she found out she was preggers.
    2. The OB/GYN told her, in confidence, that Jin was the problem, not her.
    3. She was having an affair that could have led to the pregnancy.

Turn Off Ads?