Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST: Season 3

LOST: Season 3

Taking the lead from other TV show threads, it's a good time to start a new thread for LOST.

For those who have missed an epside or would like to read a recap about any episode, check out this site: http://www.filmfodder.com/tv/lost/

Excellent recaps done with a touch of humor.

The preview for tonight's episode looks fantastic! Can't wait.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LOST: Season 3

Found this on CNN.com ...

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- The return of ABC's reality show "Extreme Makeover" lasted one week.

The network has pulled the plastic surgery series after one low-rated airing in the 8 p.m. Friday slot. Beginning November 3, ABC will return to the scheduling pattern from earlier in the season, airing a repeat of "Grey's Anatomy" in the opening hour of primetime.

Additionally, ABC has set February 7 as a return date for the hit drama "Lost." The first portion of the adventure series' third season is slated to end November 8, with new series "Day Break" schedule to air in "Lost's" 9 p.m. Wednesday slot starting November 15.

When it returns February 7, "Lost" is scheduled to run with all-original episodes through the end of the season.

In another scheduling move, ABC is bringing the legal drama "Boston Legal" to its original 10 p.m. Sunday slot November 26 for a special airing of the opening of a two-part episode. The conclusion is slated to run November 28 in "Boston Legal's" regular 10 p.m. Tuesday slot.

I watched Seasons 1 and 2 after Season 2 ended last spring. I watched them from the end of August until the end of September on DVD. I was really intrigued and into the whole show. It was, fantastic TV. Season 3 started and I was all geeked up to learn answers to questions from the first two seasons. Not so fast. Not only did they not answer a lot of questions from the first two seasons, but they've added new questions this season. What's worse is that instead of one central location to focus on, they've now established two locations (the Losties beach camp and the Others camp). They aren't doing a good job of NOT keeping them seperate so one week you get one, another week you get the other (no pun intended). It's getting frustrating. I'm going to continue to watch with as much fervor as before, but I hope the show starts taking a clear path to show some more direction before the long November hiatus.

And I second your opinion, HotCorner, that Filmfodder blog on Lost is absolutely terrific. I would advise all to read that blog if you watch the show.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Best show of the year tonight. Answered some questions, and had some wow and gotcha moments. They could have just smushed the first three episodes into one, and made this the second show of the year, and saved everyone two hour of their lives.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Loved tonights show.

There seems to be a lot of people complaining about the pace of the show. There is defiantely some merit to that, but at the same time it has to stay somewhat slow. I mean only so much stuff can happen on an island and if they get rescued...well that's pretty much the end of the show.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Ahhhh, I work the nightshift and I TRY to stay up wednesday nights to see it, but I fell asleep last night!!!

One thing that dawned on me a couple of days ago was how the "Others" knew all that information about the "Losties". Well if they have access to the outside world, they would have been able to get that information from the media who undoubtedly would have published a lot of this information after the plane went missing. Just a theory of mine.

As for last night's episode, I loved the line by Ben to Sawyer at the end ... "The way to earn a con man's trust is to con him."

I still don't quite get the ending with Sawyer on the smaller island. Firstly, the main crew never saw this island? Secondly, so what?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I still don't quite get the ending with Sawyer on the smaller island. Firstly, the main crew never saw this island? Secondly, so what?
    I guess I thought of it a couple ways. First, it totally demoralizes him and dashes any hopes he had of "running" and getting away, like he knows he and Kate are capable of. Second, if they had never "seen" this island, how is he supposed to expect the rest of his buddies to rescue him?

At the beginning of the episode he had hope that they were coming to rescue him, they shot an Other, and he felt escape or someone saving him was imminant. At the end, all hope had been drained from him. They truly are breaking him down and I didn't think even he (Sawyer) thought that could happen. He's now realizing that they are capable of it.

Knowing Sawyer, though, he's not done. He's going to come back harder than before to try to prove to them that they have not broken his spirits. That's what I'm interested in seeing.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

So, the others were on this smaller island the whole time?

I guess I was a little confused too.

The weirdest thing that I haven't heard from any of the survivors is "Why?" How come no one asks the others why they're doing what they're doing?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I find it very feasible that they haven't seen the Others Island as they have pretty much stuck to one side of their island since the beginning.

I don't know why they haven't asked the question "why?", but I've certainly been wondering why. As I can't foresee the logic as to what the Others are trying to do, it's becoming very frustrating.

I'm one who complains about the pace of the show this year. It really needs to pick up.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Has anyone been following along and playing the internet game. It's quite involved. Look up lostpedia.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I finally got to see Wednesday's episode. That was really good and the Jack storyline is finally starting to get some light shed on it, but now I want to know why they have Kate and Sawyer too.

So many questions with this show! lol

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I'd guess they'll eventually want Sawyer to pull off a con of some kind for them ... maybe against the rest of the survivors.

GL

and I'm guessing Kate is there just to keep the two boys cooperating.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?