Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: LOST: Season 3

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: LOST: Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    It also dawned on me this morning, how important Locke killing Naomi was. John actually took a life, something that up until now he had not be able to do.

Hurley and Bernard also drew first blood, in this episode.
    That is interesting. He couldn't kill the man that conned him out of a kidney and threw him out a window, but he could kill the woman who threatened his island.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So many intricate details to this last episode. I will be thinking about this one for awhile.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

We know that the "Losties" are alive somewhere in the time/space continuum. What if the flash forward that we saw was an alternate reality?

I only ask because Jack telling the chief of surgery to have his father come down and if he is drunker than his father to go ahead and fire him. It's pretty clear from what we've seen that the string of reality that brought Jack to the island included his father dying in Sydney.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Charlie definitely sacrificed himself so that the rescue would come to pass as Desmond had foreseen. If Charlie had lived, the timeline would have been altered.

Ooo, good catch about Jack's father being alive in the flash-forward, sava.

As for the dead person, when we were viewing the casket from above with Jack standing next to it, I got the impression that the casket was kind of short. Like maybe for a child.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    We know that the "Losties" are alive somewhere in the time/space continuum. What if the flash forward that we saw was an alternate reality?

I only ask because Jack telling the chief of surgery to have his father come down and if he is drunker than his father to go ahead and fire him. It's pretty clear from what we've seen that the string of reality that brought Jack to the island included his father dying in Sydney.
    The Chief was taken back by Jack's statement. It could just be that Jack was such a chemical induced mess that he didn't know what the score was. Lost is so hard to interpret, some things you have to take at face value, some contain a landslide of hidden interpretations.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    As for the dead person, when we were viewing the casket from above with Jack standing next to it, I got the impression that the casket was kind of short. Like maybe for a child.
    Funerals for children tend to draw crowds.

Ooo, good catch about Jack's father being alive in the flash-forward, sava.
    I still believe Jack's dad is dead and Jack is still having issues with it. He never truly got to grieve about his father.

He even tried to refill his oxycondone prescription with one from his father's practice. When the pharmacist said she would would need to call, he said nevermind and left knowing that office is no longer around.

Yeah, I thought that too.

"The body of Jo.. [unreadable] ..antham of New York was.. [unreadable] ..[shor]tly after 4 a.m. in the.. [unreadable] of Grand Avenue. Ted.. [unreadable] ..man at The Tower.. [unreadable] ..loud noises.. [unreadable].. loft. Co.. [unreadable] ..entered the.. [unreadable] ..a beam in the.. [unreadable] ..[ac]cordin[g].. [unreadable].."
    Maybe it's someone we haven't met yet.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Okay, one more theory regarding the mystery man that Kate said she had to get back to. The "he" she was talking about... possibly Her and Sawyer's son? They were talking about pregnancy early on in the show, so maybe some foreshadowing there.

Also- something I saw on the Lost easter egg site: the funeral parlor Hoffs/Drawlar is an anagram for Flash Forward lol

In the flashforward in the plane wasn't Jin and Sun sitting behind Jack?

Just overall comment on the Losties - why would any of them want to leave the island (besides Desmond and besides getting in wars with the Others)?

Kate and Sawyer you would think would be thrown in jail
    Rose and Bernard would be unhappy that Rose would get cancer again
    Locke wouldn't be able to walk and had no friends
    Claire doesn't seem to have much of a family left and was going to give baby away
    Hurley seems to be happier on the island than he did with the curse and money
    Jack seems happier on the island because he can lead and fix all the problems.
    Sun and Jin would have to answer to her father, seem closer on the island

Quote Originally Posted by michst View Post
    Sun and Jin would have to answer to her father, seem closer on the island
    Well, there is that whole Sun's going to die thing...

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Well, there is that whole Sun's going to die thing...
    yea guess that puts a bit of a damper on staying on the island

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    I still believe Jack's dad is dead and Jack is still having issues with it. He never truly got to grieve about his father.

He even tried to refill his oxycondone prescription with one from his father's practice. When the pharmacist said she would would need to call, he said nevermind and left knowing that office is no longer around.
    That's a possibility, but with the writers of this show we can never take anything for granted.

Ben told Jack that if he made the call with Naomi's phone that he would be recreating history. Of course, the assumption was that Ben was referring to the Dharma purge. But what if he meant that the Losties would be going back to their lives as they were before the crash? What if they've all been given a chance to do things differently...or to have to live through everything all over again. Perhaps when Kate said "He'll wonder who I'm with." she meant her stepfather. Maybe Jack's dad hasn't died yet in the recreation of history. Surely if the plane crashed in 2004 and Jack was pronounced dead, as were all the others, then his ex-wife wouldn't still be his emergency contact person some three years later. I don't think we can just cast aside her appearance in last night's episode.

Turn Off Ads?