I think that maybe when they leave the island it is before the plane crashes.
Jack is all about fixing things and is clearly being affected by some mistake he made. Being rescued obviously doesn't fix everything for the people on the island (at least not Jack).
Also the episode where Hurley is in the mental hospital with Libby and the reference the parachute girl made to the plane beting found and there being no survivors makes me think its possible that those things really will happen after they are "saved".
I had taped the Lost finale and just watched it earlier. Wow!! What a great episode. I also watched the pre-show, Lost: the Answers. I learned some stuff that I didn't know before. It helped a lot.
I absolutely hated the scene of Charlie drowning. Ugh! After reading all the theories presented on this thread, I think I'm more confused than ever.
One thing I'm wondering, if the funeral was for Ben or Locke, why would Jack have been so broken up about... he doesn't particularly like Locke and he hates Ben. Or am I misinterpreting his grief when he pulled over on the bridge and cried before climging up on the rail. Rather than grief for the dead person (which is what I thought), maybe it was just even more pronounced grief/guilt over the "current" (future) situation of people still being on the island. I wish we had a timeframe for how far in the future that story line was.
Regarding a few more of the cast members:
- Charlie. I watch Mystery Theater on PBS all the time. Way back before lost, "Charlie" was a regular on the episodes involving the old woman sleuth (not Mrs. Marple; can't remember her name). He lived with her and her husband and helped her in solving the mysteries.
- Naomi. She played Nessa on Las Vegas.
- Dr. ? in the fast forward episode who was going to operate on the woman in the accident. He's also on Vegas but for the life of me, I can't remember his character's name. He's the other security guy with Danny McCoy.
- Jack (ironically his name was Charlie on Party of Five) also had another series before lost. It's was on that station that merged with the WB and it was deep and dark and involved dead people. Can't remember the name of it.
- Greg Grundberg was the dead pilot who now plays the mind reading character on Heroes.
- The blonde that told Charlie the Good Vibrations code had played guest roles in tons of shows, but I remember her best (and first) on Days of Our Lives. She took over one of the main character's role, and I could never understand it because she looked nother like her, nor was she even close to being pretty back then. Her brunette cohort on Lost looked familiar too, but I can't place her.
Anyway, it was a fantastic finale.
"Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn
A few years ago I was at a resort on Grand Cayman at the same time the Days of Our Lives/Underwater Hatch blonde chick was there. She had a mini entourage surrounding her - which I found so amusing, since she is a C-list actress, at best.
Will trade this space for a #1 starter.
I believe Jack was broken up at the funeral (whether it was for Locke, Ben, or Michael) because whoever was in that casket was most likely the only person on Earth left that knew how to get to the island. When they showed Jack in his apartment, he had countless maps and compasses strewn about trying to figure out the whereabouts of the island, and later he confessed to Kate that he's been taking lots of flights with the hope that he crashes so he can find the island. He was so broken up by the mystery man's death, because he realized with his death so went his last opportunity to figure out the whereabouts of the island. Just my theory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9yyTrdTWY0 Lost season 4 promo trailer.
It looks like it should be.... really good.
I think I just peed myself a little.
My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!
Let's get it on, already!
"Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY
I can't wait for the new season to start. I actually rented the season 3 dvd's to rewatch some of the episodes in preparation. And shortly thereafter I realized just how nerdy I am