Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST: Season 3

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: LOST: Season 3

I thought it was a much better episode than the last few. I also went into it with lowered expectations, so that only made it that much better. Hopefully they keep the storyline more action packed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It was good .... but what questions did it answer?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    I think we as TV viewers are getting spoiled with a lot of shows. We expect every week to be filled with "answers" or new questions. Sometimes I forget that I'm watching to be entertained, not to do a report on it for school and need answers quick. Take the show for face value, last night was a pretty entertaining show, answers or no answers.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I think we as TV viewers are getting spoiled with a lot of shows. We expect every week to be filled with "answers" or new questions.

Maybe.

I just expect it to not suck.

Season 3 has sucked IMHO.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Well, we know who the guy with the eyepatch is.
    We know what the Flame station is or rather was.
    It can be inferred that the hatch implosion has damaged the Other's ability to communicate with the outside world as well as their sonar beacon for their sub(s).
    It was inferred that there was a conflict between the Others and the Darhma folks and the Others won.
    It can also be inferred that the Others have been there in some form or another for a long time, or at least longer than Darhma.
    I think that is pretty good for one episode.
    BTW it was proposed on EW that the Others are Gnostics, who historically have another name I can't remember. Anyway, the other name translates to "The Good People". A reference Ben/Henry has made to his folk a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    I went to bed last night thinking "Lost is back!" It was a good feeling. I agree with Logan, this episode felt more like a Season 1 episode. My favorite scenes from Lost have always been when a group of Losties explore the island, which is exactly what we're getting this week (and apparently next) with Sayid, Kate, Locke, and Danielle.

Locke is my favorite character, but did anyone else wonder what the heck he was thinking when he punched in "77"? And then he was so proud of himself. "Now I know why you didn't want me to beat the computer" with a huge grin on his face.
    Best episode of the year.

Here is my crazy theory for the next plot twist:

Locke has been turned by the others and is working for them now. He was alone with the leader in the first hatch and the leader helped him when the door came down on his legs. Locke was basically responsible for the first hatch getting blown up and now this one as well. Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Locke has been turned by the others and is working for them now. He was alone with the leader in the first hatch and the leader helped him when the door came down on his legs. Locke was basically responsible for the first hatch getting blown up and now this one as well. Hmmm?
    I don't know about Locke. I think when you approach things from the basis of faith, as he does, you can make some bad decisions. The other side of that is that Locke has faith that everything is meant to happen, so there are no real bad decisions. I don't see him as an Other sympathizer at all. In fact, I think he is at the other end of that spectrum.
    I have long suspected that something isn't right with Charlie. He's very nosey, sticks close to the baby and seems to go into some very deep funks at times. As if he is dealing with an inner conflict.
    Then again, could be the heroin talking.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    I don't know about Locke. I think when you approach things from the basis of faith, as he does, you can make some bad decisions. The other side of that is that Locke has faith that everything is meant to happen, so there are no real bad decisions. I don't see him as an Other sympathizer at all. In fact, I think he is at the other end of that spectrum.
    That is what will make it such a good plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I think we as TV viewers are getting spoiled with a lot of shows. We expect every week to be filled with "answers" or new questions. Sometimes I forget that I'm watching to be entertained, not to do a report on it for school and need answers quick. Take the show for face value, last night was a pretty entertaining show, answers or no answers.

I don't need a lecture on my TV viewing. I've had years of experience.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that we got some answers. Just curious what they got out of it. Lots of people discuss the theories and whatnot.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Tonight's episode was perhaps the best of the season so far.

Jack and Claire are brother and sister...

Locke an other?

Jack catching the football...

Wow, that was quality "Lost" at it's finest!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Tonight was good, but next week should be better. Can't wait!
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Tonight's episode was perhaps the best of the season so far.

Jack and Claire are brother and sister...

Locke an other?

Jack catching the football...

Wow, that was quality "Lost" at it's finest!
    I didn't take it as him possibly being an "other", although I can understand how you reach that conclusion. I took it as another example where one or another "other" had interactions previously with some of those lost.

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Tonight was good, but next week should be better. Can't wait!
    I enjoyed the "Claire" story.

I'm anxious to find out how Locke ended up in a wheel chair.
    teach tolerance.

Tremendous episode!

I think Locke has different motives rather than rescuing Jack from the Others than do the other members of the rescue party.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Tremendous episode!

I think Locke has different motives rather than rescuing Jack from the Others than do the other members of the rescue party.
    Locke has always had a lot of faith in people and has been taken advantage of. Knowing that the others seem to know a lot about them from his conversation with Ben, I think Locke wants to know if he's being played again.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?