Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Descent

The Descent

Has anyone seen this movie?

I saw it for the first time the other day and I must say that it is one of the most genuinely frightening films I've seen in a long time.

So much of Hollywood's "horror" films these days are such exercises in cliche and vicarious violence for "shock value."

This movie is atmospheric, creepy, and plays on many of our worst fears... clautraphobia, the creatures, helplessness... but the main heroine possesses such inner and outer strength, we never feel like all is lost.
    Last edited by WMR; 10-25-2006 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Descent

Well...it's not a Hollywood film. The Descent is a British film released in the UK over two years ago. I had the pleasure of seeing it long before it ever made it's theatrical debut here in the US. As I understand it though, the ending was changed for the US theatrical release. Haven't seen that, but yes, it is a great horror film.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

hey Sava, PM me the british ending if you don't mind. The american version left me scratching my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I watched The Cave and thought it sucked. One review I have read on The Descent was this.... "If you saw last year's Cole Hauser flick The Cave, then imagine it not sucking or skimping, and you've got it."

I've read alot of good reviews on it. I'm sold.

I tried to rent it but Family Video looked it up and said it is not out on DVD yet?

it's this one right?

Amazon says it won't be released until December 26th.

I am pretty sure that the guy who produced this one also made the English movie "Dog Soldiers" which is a very good movie. I just found a DVD of it in a discount bin for $5. It's well worth the watch.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-25-2006 at 05:06 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?