Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UC basketball vs. UC football

Re: UC basketball vs. UC football

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Big weekend for football. If still lived in Cincinnati, I'd be at Nippert both Friday and Saturday night, rooting on the Bombers and Bearcats (rooting for the Wolverines in between).
    I'm ticked that I can't make the St. X game on Friday night.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Does anyone know what UC does as far as marketing their football team? I seem to remember in the past commercials asking "What else would you be doing on a Saturday? Raking your leaves? Come to UC Football games". Marketing in the short term with cute little gimmicks, activities, giveaways, entertainment are nice but you build a fan base with a more long term focus in mind.

I would think a well-coordinated, thought out marketing plan with long-term goals in mind would behoove the school. I'm sure they do this now, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Big weekend for football. If still lived in Cincinnati, I'd be at Nippert both Friday and Saturday night, rooting on the Bombers and Bearcats (rooting for the Wolverines in between).
    My mother is going to both. She's a season ticket holder to both. She is also clearly insane.

One of her best friend's son plays...oh, crap...one of those important positions for X. Running back? Quarterback? one of those, I think. I cheer when I see him on the news. He's very speedy.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Darius Ashley? Luca Romeo?
    Tyler

Luca Romeo?
    My God, how did you know that? What position is that anyway?

I love Luca, but man that Darius kid is amazing. He's like two feet tall and always looks like he could singlehandedly take on any other team.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Those are the two main running backs on the team. And being a native Cincinnatian, I am more interested in HS Football than I really should be.
    Tyler

The problem for the UC football program is ......who can remember any great player coming from there?

Greg Cook in 1968....when he led the nation in passing....that is about it.

UC installed collapsible field goals for today's game.

The administration is anticipating a storming of the field tonight.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Sorta off topic i guess but i mistakenly recieved a U.C t-shirt a coupla years ago actually ordered a REDS t-shirt. But figured why go through the hassle of returning it figure oh well i'll keep it well long story short i figured since i dont care for basketball on any level i might as well make the best of the situation and thus have sort of starting rooting for the bearcats football team . Not like the miami hurricanes football team have done much this season to get excited about .

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post

The administration is anticipating a storming of the field tonight.
    And the administration was right. For anyone who was thinking about going to the game and decided not to, you missed out on a great game and a great atmosphere. Rushing the field in my last home game as a student is a memory worth keeping.

BTW, UC had around 100 high school recruits at the game today. Hopefully tonight's dominating performance won some of the hearts and minds of those players.....and of Cincinnatians who made the choice to be there and witness it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    And the administration was right. For anyone who was thinking about going to the game and decided not to, you missed out on a great game and a great atmosphere. Rushing the field in my last home game as a student is a memory worth keeping.

BTW, UC had around 100 high school recruits at the game today. Hopefully tonight's dominating performance won some of the hearts and minds of those players.....and of Cincinnatians who made the choice to be there and witness it in person.
    This was nothing short of an excellent win for the football program as a whole, IMO.

Given Rutgers unbeaten record coming into the game and all the national championship talk surrounding them, this was a game that had college football's attention throughout the nation. To win a game of this magnitude that had fans around the country tuning into is huge for the program altogether.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

UC Football!

Call me impressed! They earned a lot of respect last night, not only from football fans, but also potential recruits

Not only was I impressed with the UC football team, I was astonished at the speed in which the fans rushed the field. I have never seen a field fill as quickly as that last night. As soon as the clock hit 0:00 it took about 5 seconds for the students to get out there. It was a swarm of black and red converging on the field.

I called my mom this morning to hear her thoughts and she answered the phone "Bearcats Central". She was beside herself, said it was probably "the most exciting damn game I've ever been to." She rushed the field and said she hugged "about 12 Bearcats". She loves that team and said that in her mind it was the game of the day, even more than OSU-Mich because it's such an upset and UC is such a happy good team. She said this was the QB's first start ever?!?

I can't believe I didn't go. I'm a moron.

Turn Off Ads?