Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: World Series Game 4 Thread

Re: World Series Game 4 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    The Tigers are willing them to victory. This is a pathetic display of baseball.
    Welcome to MLB 2006, ugly baseball for a ugly season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

FCB, I thought you were nuts, but turns out you may be right. However, I beg to argue with you on one thing: the cards may be a team of destiny, and this series is being decided on experience and psychology to a degree, all that is fine. But it is not so much a matter of the Cards stepping up as it is the Tigers laying down. I really think that they bought into the media hype of them beating the Yankees, then sweeping the A's, david and Goliath and all that; they had a week off and thought they were invincible. And they're learning otherwise and choking.

I blace more blame on the tigers than I credit St. Louis.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Code:

After Game Four ...

Pitches Seen   PA   P/PA   BB   PA/BB  Balls  Balls/PA  Runs
    Cardinals      567       151   3.75   19    7.95   228     1.51     18
    Tigers         463       139   3.33    6   23.17   156     1.12      9
    The sad thing is the Tiger pitching has done an excellent job just trying to keep themselves in games, but the defense just throws it away and offensive support just isn't there.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

place, not blace. gah.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Krod was not too shabby.

This is the series where the mistakes are the linchpin of the bigger prize, errors and baserunning have been the real tools that have decided the games.
    I'd have to throw Bobby Jenks in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Code:

After Game Four ...

The sad thing is the Tiger pitching has done an excellent job just trying to keep themselves in games, but the defense just throws it away and offensive support just isn't there.
    I think you're overlooking the best stat of all. The Cardinals have 19 BB and the Tigers have only 6 BB, and the Cards are up 3-1. Ironic, I doubt it.

No one ever gives Foulke any credit for '04. 11 G, 14 IP, 1 ER, a solo HR when he had a 3 run lead to play with. Not to mention multiple innings in back to back extra inning tie games in the ALCS.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    No one ever gives Foulke any credit for '04. 11 G, 14 IP, 1 ER, a solo HR when he had a 3 run lead to play with. Not to mention multiple innings in back to back extra inning tie games in the ALCS.
    Oh, I do. Foulke was terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Oh, I do. Foulke was terrifying.
    It was just that he pitched so much and had no margin for error for so much of it. I'm just constantly surprised by how little credit he gets for it, even from Red Sox fans. If they had an MVP for that whole postseason, he would have been it.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Congrats to the 2006 'roided up Cardinals on becoming the worst team in history (in any sport) to win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Congrats to the 2006 'roided up Cardinals on becoming the worst team in history (in any sport) to win a championship.
    Give it a rest.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Code:

After Game Four ...

True but it's been the pitchers' defense that has hurt them the most. Four errors in four games and they have been in game-changing situations.

Those BB and PA/BB stats are quite telling as well.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

A final Game 5 tonight is a nightmare scenario for MLB and Fox Sports.

The championship of a major sport, decided on the night of the week with the lowest viewing levels for sports in the fall, because die-hard sports fans are out watching high school football games. The teams in the game are 1,500 miles from either coast, where the population is highest and the most-desired viewers are. The teams are also hated rivals of the home teams in the largest midwestern TV market, Chicago. This could be the lowest-rated finish to a WS ever.

I know most spells and charms come in "threes," but a WS team only needs two starters, two killer bullpen arms, and two hot hitters. Get that, and you can win it all.

Detroit pretty obviously lacked the third component.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?