Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comedy CDs

Re: Comedy CDs

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Katt Williams
    Saw his HBO special last night. It was okay.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Saw his HBO special last night. It was okay.
    Yeah, he has his moments... I liked the finale.

BTW He's from Cincinnati.

Mitch Hedberg - Strategic Grill Locations in addition to Mitch All Together.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

One of my favorite Mitch-isms:

You know they call corn-on-the-cob "corn-on-the-cob," but that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that "corn," and call every other version "corn-off-the-cob." It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call it "Mitch," then reattach it and call me "Mitch-all-together."

And hence the name of the CD.

Here is a link to an article published after his death. I attended some of the crappy shows they talked about towards the end of his life. He was so wasted I couldn't understand the jokes. But a brilliant, brilliant, man.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1080613_7|107172||0_0_,00.html

They're not CDs, but I recommend Richard Pryor's first 2 recorded live movies, "Live in Concert" and "Live on the Sunset Strip".

IMO, the first one is best. The second one has him talking about when he lit himself on fire while free-basing. Horrendous yet hilarious.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    They're not CDs, but I recommend Richard Pryor's first 2 recorded live movies, "Live in Concert" and "Live on the Sunset Strip".

IMO, the first one is best. The second one has him talking about when he lit himself on fire while free-basing. Horrendous yet hilarious.
    That first one is a pure classic.

The Wino...

"Hey ice cream boy! You better slow that thing down! This is the neighborhood, this ain't no residential district. Oh yea! Well step on out here then. I got something for your *SS! I'm a veteran of World War 1 BOY! The Battle of Chateau Bryant. I got mustard gas wounds all over my body!"

Last edited by GAC; 10-27-2006 at 03:52 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    One of my favorite Mitch-isms:

You know they call corn-on-the-cob "corn-on-the-cob," but that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that "corn," and call every other version "corn-off-the-cob." It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call it "Mitch," then reattach it and call me "Mitch-all-together."

And hence the name of the CD.

Here is a link to an article published after his death. I attended some of the crappy shows they talked about towards the end of his life. He was so wasted I couldn't understand the jokes. But a brilliant, brilliant, man.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1080613_7|107172||0_0_,00.html
    I actually post on another message board with a guy who actually is a cousin of Mitch. The humor runs in the family.

Strategic Grill Locations is a scattered mess, to say the least. Some great lines, but you could just hear how high he was, and you could tell his stage anxiety was in control of him that night.

"I played golf, I'm not good at golf, I never got a hole-in-one ... but I did hit a guy. And that's way more satisfying. You're supposed to yell "fore," but I was too busy mumbling, "There ain't no way that's gonna hit him." I hit a guy in one. What's par for hitting a guy? One. If you hit a guy in two, you are an (meanie)."

Denis leary-No cure for cancer

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Denis leary-No cure for cancer
    I've got that one and I like it but I think that Lock 'N Load is better.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    If you are into impressions, look no further than Kevin Pollak.

Frankenstein never scared me.

Marsupials do.

Cause they're fast!
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

My buddy has a couple of those Dave Attel cd's. At one point I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat was leaking out my nose. Good times.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    My buddy has a couple of those Dave Attel cd's. At one point I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat was leaking out my nose. Good times.
    Clowns and midgets. Works every time.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?