Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Falcons

Re: Bengals vs. Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Watching via stat tracker purely with fantasy football interests, what happened to Rudi?

Only 12 carries? Looked like he was off to a pretty good start and they just quit giving him the ball.

What happened?
    Bad coaching. It was the worst coached game I've since Marvin took over. That's where the game was lost.

If I see one more dumpoff pass when they're losing, I'm going to scream.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I'm not sure what folks expect when watching an NFL football game, I really don't. Each year, there are a few teams that can manage to regularly stomp the competition, then there are a dozen teams that are pretty much even. We are still one of the dozen or so teams. Winning in the NFL is hard, home or away, and when you make the playoffs, the NFL makes it very hard the following year with their scheduling formula. I've been watching some good NFL football games this year when the Bengals play and its been enjoyable. After the 90s, complaining even after a loss in a good football game just seems like vanity at this point.
    People expected the Bengals to be one of those few teams who regularly stomp the competition, not to be one of the middle of the pack dozen.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I actually had a feeling the Bengals would have a tough time with this game. They always seem to have issues with QBs who can run and OLs that use a cut blocking scheme. They had a couple opportunities to bust the game open early that they didn't take advantage of and it hurt them in the end.

I must say though. That pass to Chris Henry was a thing of beauty.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Does anyone else think Mora told the Defense to go low on Carson during halftime?

The better team won today, Vick played a nearly flawless game and won by a field goal.
    Make that a safety.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

This Bengals team is missing something. I know the defense is bad, but there's something else I can put my finger on that's lacking in this team.

And I'm officially tired of Chad Johnson. He needs to just shut and play or find somewhere else to play. He's talented, but he's not so talented that the Bengals would be in trouble without him. He was funny for a while, but his act has gotten tired with this fan. He's become a distraction and it's moved beyone clever to "me first". It wouldn't bother me a bit if he's shipped out after this season.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Does anyone else think Mora told the Defense to go low on Carson during halftime?
    Sure seemed like it, didn't it?

And the Bengals should win that game at home...always. ATL is not that great of a team. Their D is sorry...talk about not adjusting on defense, shoot, we didn't even adjust on offense. It was indeed a poorly coached game.

What ever happened to Marvin being a defensive genius? Sure would like to see it.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Sure seemed like it, didn't it?

And the Bengals should win that game at home...always. ATL is not that great of a team. Their D is sorry...talk about not adjusting on defense, shoot, we didn't even adjust on offense. It was indeed a poorly coached game.

What ever happened to Marvin being a defensive genius? Sure would like to see it.
    Seriously!! We are dropping games we don't need to be dropping.

Dexter Jackson did not look like he was ready/prepared to be back on the field.

Sam Adams needs to lose about 20 pounds. He has appeared gutted and ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    People expected the Bengals to be one of those few teams who regularly stomp the competition, not to be one of the middle of the pack dozen.
    Expectations are rarely realistic and most of what I saw was folks realizing the schedule would be tough to even make the playoffs on, let alone dominate.

As for all the dogging of the defense, the coaches and the like, I must have been watching a totally different game. I am a diehard Bengals fan, but the Falcons are a dangerous team. The NFC South is really going to be a dogfight. The only valid criticism I have seen so far is the disappearance of Rudi after the first quarter. The D is what it is. They decided they would make Vick beat them with his arm, and gosh darn it if he didn't do exactly that.

Expectations are rarely realistic and most of what I saw was folks realizing the schedule would be tough to even make the playoffs on, let alone dominate.

As for all the dogging of the defense, the coaches and the like, I must have been watching a totally different game. I am a diehard Bengals fan, but the Falcons are a dangerous team. The NFC South is really going to be a dogfight. The only valid criticism I have seen so far is the disappearance of Rudi after the first quarter. The D is what it is. They decided they would make Vick beat them with his arm, and gosh darn it if he didn't do exactly that.
    How hard is it to hit a tight-end on a crossing pattern when he's wide open?

The Bengals made Vick throw... but they let him stay in his comfort zone the entire game.

The throws he converted would be converted by any QB in the NFL.

Tory... wow Toast is correct.

The Bengals loss today will be worth it if the Stillers lose to the pitiful Raiders.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been if they hadn't beat the Cardinals last week.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

tr, What I saw was an inexistent pass rush giving Vick all day to throw the ball. A line that didn't create ANY holes. A defense that allowed Vick to go something 7-19 with over 100 yards on 3rd down. It didn't matter if it was 3rd and 16, they converted it. What I saw was the Bengals play pretty poorly at home today.

The two things that drove me crazy about this game was the Defense made no adjustments and the offense does their own thing there is no tam game plan.

They tried to flood the secondary and have Vick force it in somewhere, it didn't work so they shoud have started blitzing him and make him make quicker decisions.

The Offense always does their own thing. Today would have been a great day to pound Rudi(They didn't prove they could stop him) and keep Vick off the field. All Bob cares about if throwing the ball all over the place.

Why does Rudi come out of the game every third down??? We throw every third down. Third and 2... throw it, third and... three throw it, third and 12...run it.

No team plan that I saw or ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This Bengals team is missing something. I know the defense is bad, but there's something else I can put my finger on that's lacking in this team.

And I'm officially tired of Chad Johnson. He needs to just shut and play or find somewhere else to play. He's talented, but he's not so talented that the Bengals would be in trouble without him. He was funny for a while, but his act has gotten tired with this fan. He's become a distraction and it's moved beyone clever to "me first". It wouldn't bother me a bit if he's shipped out after this season.
    I'm not following you here. Did Chad Johnson suddenly change sides and start playing defense? I thought Chad had a decent game and I think everyone knows the whole "Ocho Cinquo" business is meant in good fun.

If anyone is to blame for this game it is the entire defense for failing to execute. The Bengals scored a respectable 27 points. The D consistently gave up big plays that allowed the Falcons to control the tempo of the game.

I'll agree with you that I thing something is missing form this team on offense, but I point to Carson Palmer and the O-Line. I think that the combination of injuries on the OLine and Palmer's discomfort behind that line have lead to an offense that can still explode, but still seems to still be somewhat out of sync. Palmer's accuracy is somewhat off from last year. The OLine can't seem to pick up blitzes regularly. They forget that Rudi Johnson plays for them or else they mistake him for Chris Perry and ask him to make sideline sweeps rather than bust it up the middle where he excels.

As far as Chad Johnson goes, I think he did rather respectable for himself today. He had 6 rec. for 78 yds. and 1 TD. He also got an extra 15 yards and a first down for drawing that unsportsmanlike conduct penalty early in the game. I have no problem with that kind of production and I personally enjoy his light-hearted trash talk.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?