Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask Pete Rose Anything

francohungarian

Ask Pete Rose Anything

If you could ask Pete Rose ANYTHING, What would you ask him? Looks pretty cool...

1450 AM The Ticket - Cincinnati's ESPN Radio and Fan's Choice Sports Collectibles are giving you, the fan, the opportunity to ask Pete Rose just about anything! Pete will be appearing on Unabated Sports at 6PM on Wednesday November 1st. Hosts Woody and Jeremy intend to make this a very unique interview, avoiding the overused questions Pete always gets about his thoughts on the Hall Of Fame, Steroids and his ban from baseball. During the Interview Woody and Jeremy will select the 3 best/most creative fan submitted questions and ask them to Pete on-air!

http://www.cincinnatisports.com/home/p2_articleid/296

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ask Pete Rose Anything

Here's what I would ask but it would never make it.
    Why did you wait so long to come clean and admit you bet on baseball and not soon after your suspension?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

So how much are you charging for this gig??

Who's going to run in the Daily Double at Riverdowns?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here's what I would ask but it would never make it.
    Why did you wait so long to come clean and admit you bet on baseball and not soon after your suspension?
    He has anwered this; not sure if you would could consider it is good reason. First he said that he told Bud a year earlier than the book came out. But why he didn't come out earlier is that he wanted tell Bud (since he knew Fay Vincent hated him so never tried to talk to hime) first but for many years Bud didn't give him the time of day. So when he finally got a chance to talk to Bud he told him the truth. And then after he realized the Bud wasn't going to do anything about letting him back in baseball Pete did what Pete does best and made money by writting the book.

Ask Pete Rose Anything
    Where's Jimmy Hoffa?

Is that a rug?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by 4256 Hits View Post
    He has anwered this; not sure if you would could consider it is good reason. First he said that he told Bud a year earlier than the book came out. But why he didn't come out earlier is that he wanted tell Bud (since he knew Fay Vincent hated him so never tried to talk to hime) first but for many years Bud didn't give him the time of day. So when he finally got a chance to talk to Bud he told him the truth. And then after he realized the Bud wasn't going to do anything about letting him back in baseball Pete did what Pete does best and made money by writting the book.
    I'd say what Pete does best is find ways around telling the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Ask Pete Rose Anything
    What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Senor Votto

Hmmm that's a tough question. I guess my question would be:

Who was the toughest pitcher you've ever faced?

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
    Last edited by Degenerate39; 10-27-2006 at 04:11 PM.

francohungarian

Submit your questions to askpete@cincinnatisports.com. A few of these are good and will be asked-they just need submitted!

Is JohnnyBench really gay?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Am I the only one who is getting sick of people wanting to ask why he bet on baseball and why it took so long for him to own up to it? The man has been through enough. He is banned from baseball for cryin out loud. What do you want from him. Before you say the truth, be honest. You wouldn't believe him if he told you the truth and provided indisputable evidence that he was telling the truth. Short of going back in time and stopping himself from betting on baseball, a lot of people will never be satisfied by anything he says or does. You can't change the past, why do you expect him to? Besides those are the least creative questions that you can possibly ask. Why not ask him something like who the player is that he feels best represents his hustle and will to win in today's game.

Sorry for the rant, and I already know a lot of you are probably going to say, "why does a post like this appear whenever we talk about Pete?" But hey, this post is no more common than the ones that want Pete to "tell the truth." If you're going to allow one, you have to allow the other. I'm just giving the other.

Which city has the best groupies?
    what was your record for the most groupies nailed during a series?

Pete might never shut up.
    Last edited by flyer85; 10-27-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Turn Off Ads?