Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask Pete Rose Anything

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Ask Pete Rose Anything

Pete, why don't you just go away?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

What was Joe Friday's badge number?

Seriously, I used to ask three questions just messing with people and I couldn't use them because Rich Red used one of them when he said he would ask "how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?" I used to ask
    1. What's Joe Friday's badge number?
    2. What was the dog's name on Petticoat Junction and
    3. How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of Tootsie Pop?
    But, Rich Red, Justincredible and Chip R - thanks for the laugh....literally, out loud!
    Julz

Do you ever regret having that rediculous over-zealous mullet?

You know, business up front, party in the back...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. What was the dog's name on Petticoat Junction
    Wasn't it "Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Wasn't it "Dog"
    No it was "Boy"

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    No it was "Boy"
    I knew it was a simple word, Uncle Joe.... what a lazy bum he was.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    Am I the only one who is getting sick of people wanting to ask why he bet on baseball and why it took so long for him to own up to it? The man has been through enough. He is banned from baseball for cryin out loud. What do you want from him. Before you say the truth, be honest. You wouldn't believe him if he told you the truth and provided indisputable evidence that he was telling the truth. Short of going back in time and stopping himself from betting on baseball, a lot of people will never be satisfied by anything he says or does. You can't change the past, why do you expect him to? Besides those are the least creative questions that you can possibly ask. Why not ask him something like who the player is that he feels best represents his hustle and will to win in today's game.

Sorry for the rant, and I already know a lot of you are probably going to say, "why does a post like this appear whenever we talk about Pete?" But hey, this post is no more common than the ones that want Pete to "tell the truth." If you're going to allow one, you have to allow the other. I'm just giving the other.

Outstanding post! If I cared about rep points or knew how to give them, I would give them to you.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by WVJulz View Post
    What was Joe Friday's badge number?
    Too easy, same as Babe Ruth's home run record. I've forgotten his partner's badge number, though (hint: it wasn't 4152)
    Never overlook the obvious

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    As opposed to sparrows bearing burdens? ("I don't know that--aaaaiiigh!")
    Never overlook the obvious

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

"When will you finally quit lollygagging and have your sweet, sweet revenge on the blasphemously-named Big Red Machine, Kane?"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Wasn't it "Dog"
    According to Ask Morty, "Although he later played "Benji" and his real real name was "Higgins, the dog on "Petticoat Junction" was called "dog." Uncle Joe did call him "boy" as well, but his name, was dog.
    That question used to drive me crazy What did we ever do without the internet at our fingertips?
    Julz
    Last edited by WVJulz; 10-27-2006 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Too easy, same as Babe Ruth's home run record. I've forgotten his partner's badge number, though (hint: it wasn't 4152)
    No, but believe it or not, that's not really that far off....it was 4848!!!!
    Julz

The man has been through enough. He is banned from baseball for cryin out loud. What do you want from him. Before you say the truth, be honest. You wouldn't believe him if he told you the truth and provided indisputable evidence that he was telling the truth.

Well he just may have finally told us the "truth".

The damn shame is we had to pay him $25.95 to read about the "truth" in his book.

The man was an amazing ball player but a complete ***** as a person.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 10-28-2006 at 12:22 AM.

This sounds like an advice column The Onion would run...

"Dear Pete,

My lawn just doesn't seem to be doing so well. The summer was pretty dry and now that it's fall, I've noticed bare patches where the grass has died. Is there anything I can do?

- Patches in Perrysburg"

"Dear Patches,

Fall is a good time to overseed your lawn to fill in some of those dead patches. Throw down some Kentucky Bluegrass seeds on your lawn. The Bluegrass will sprout and grow some before the snow hits, as it does better in colder weather than other varieties. Then in the spring, it will really take off and fill in those bare spots. Just remember to throw down some straw so that the birds don't eat all the seeds. If you do that, I put the odds at 2 to 1 that you'll have a better lawn.

- Pete"

"Dear Pete,

I will be starting school at UC next year, but my long-term boyfriend has a scholarship to play baseball at Ohio State. I really love him, but I don't know how we're going to be able to handle living apart for most of the school year. I really love him and I think he's the one. What should I do?

- Sleepless in Cincinnati"

"Dear Sleepless,

Listen babe, your boyfriend is a ballplayer. He's going to be travelling a lot and he's going to have certain needs. If you really love him, you'll take good care of him when he's home. But just don't ask questions or hassle him about what's going on at school or on the road. What happens on the road, stays on the road. Got that, toots?

- Pete"
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?