Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst car you ever owned/drove

Worst car you ever owned/drove

This has probably been done before but there's a lot of new(er) people around so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Mine was a 1997 or 1998 Pontiac Grand Am GT. Total peice of crap. Fortunatley it was a company car so there was no money out of my pocket. Horrible gas millage. Went through brakes every 25,000miles or so (and most of my driving is highway miles). In my 3 years of driving the car I lost a waterpump, alternator, several sensors, the drivers window motor burned out and the fuel injectors gummed up constantly. It seemed like it was in the shop constantly.

The company bought the car new and it was a hunk of junk from the word go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Worst car you ever owned/drove

An '86 or so Crown Victoria. It was an unmarked police car in a previous life. By the time I got it, the huge V-8 was still doing well, but the body was pretty beat up. My thinking at the time was "wow, I can drive really fast, and it doesn't matter what I hit!". Ahh, to be young and stupid. That thing was an absolute tank though. One time I parked it in Clifton, came back to the car, and around 12 little kids were just hanging out on it. In my early driving years, I had some really crappy cars, but that one stands out as maybe the best worst car I had.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

1982 Chevy Malibu...enough said.

Like this, but without the lights:

Last edited by Blimpie; 10-29-2006 at 11:05 AM.

1974 Ford Pinto.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

By far, a 1972 Javelin with pink, orange and white Pierre Cardin interior.

I've never had a better inspiration to make more money in my life.

University of Cincinnati

1987 Ford Mustang - crappy weak 4cyl, horrible breaks that always locked up, and just plain out ugly. However at 16 I really didn't care I was just happy I had a car especially one that I payed for.
    THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    1974 Ford Pinto.
    Nothing says you care about the consumer more then having the gas tank in the rear!

My cousin went through two or three Chevy Vegas. Another piece of junk. Kept tearing the rear ends out of them. I'm not sure, but wasn't that the first car that experimented with an all aluminum block?

My older sister had an early 60's Rambler American w/ a three on the tree. I learned to drive in that car, and it was no fun at all.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-27-2006 at 04:00 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

1979 Ford Mustang.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

1984 Ford F250 or 1984 Buick Century or 1986 Pontiac 6000

Take your pick.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    By far, a 1972 Javelin with pink, orange and white Pierre Cardin interior.

I've never had a better inspiration to make more money in my life.
    "Only Pierre Cardin can make upholstery look so...classy...."

“And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    This has probably been done before but there's a lot of new(er) people around so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Mine was a 1997 or 1998 Pontiac Grand Am GT. Total peice of crap. Fortunatley it was a company car so there was no money out of my pocket. Horrible gas millage. Went through brakes every 25,000miles or so (and most of my driving is highway miles). In my 3 years of driving the car I lost a waterpump, alternator, several sensors, the drivers window motor burned out and the fuel injectors gummed up constantly. It seemed like it was in the shop constantly.

The company bought the car new and it was a hunk of junk from the word go.
    2000 Oldsmobile Alero -- sibling to the Grand Am.

Made on the uber-cheap by GM, these cars were disposable piles of junk. They had chronic problems with the antifreeze turning to jelly and blowing out gaskets and water pumps. They used cheap glue that would break down after 5 years and cause the upholstery to bubble. And the brake rotors would warp, as you said, every 20K miles or so.

It will take a lot to convince me to ever buy a GM again.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

1986 Chevy Sprint

Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

A bright orange 1976 Volkswagen Rabbit. The carbeurater Kept coming loose.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

1988 Chevy Cavalier.

I put about 3 alternators, and two starters on that car in the 3 or so years I drove the thing before it finally gave out completely.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

1990 Nissan Stanza. A real dog. And, for whatever reason, miserably expensive to repair. Uncomfortable as hell, too.

That car was a definite runner-up to the 79 Stang.

Turn Off Ads?