Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Crash

Re: Bad Crash

Raisor, first and foremost, glad to hear you're okay, probablu quite sore, but you're here to tell us about it, and that's always a good thing. If I remember right, Georgia doesn't have a law requiring vehicles to have a front license plate, so you probably don't have that to go on, and you were probably in too much pain and stunned by the event that you didn't get a description did you? That time of day, hopefully you have some witnesses to back your play don't you? Anywho, you concentrate on getting yourself well, and let the rest work itself out.

We can gripe a lot about about cell phone users, but in the cell phone age it has become easier to catch up with hit and run perpetrators as a result.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    That time of day, hopefully you have some witnesses to back your play don't you?

Not a single person stopped to help.

I very well could have died, and not a single car stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

What an absolute shame. In some ways, I guess it doesn't surprise me. We live in such an "it doesn't involve me" society, that it makes me sick sometimes. Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Get well soon, Raisor.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Ouch! Sorry to hear this Raisor!

Screw the car. We're happy to have you in good shape.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Glad to hear you're OK Raisor. Grady sucks.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

No married ones either?

Ok, all kidding aside, that's pretty lame that nobody bothered to stop. I got hit by a drunk in '93 and someone stopped right away, bandaged up a cut on my hand, and stayed with me until the ambulance got there. I was quite grateful. I'm glad you weren't hurt worse though. Cars can be replaced easier than people can.

Raisor,

Really sorry about the ill fortune, super glad that you are alive to tell us that you will be ok.

How u doin

Glad to here your alright

I hope someone at least had the courtesy to call it in on their cell phone as they drove by. I once saw someone flip their BMW. A bunch of people stopped to help and I had a job were it was imperative that I get to work on time, so I didn't stop. Instead I immediately hit 911 on my phone to make sure the police and EMS were on their way. Part of me wishes I would have stopped, but at least I know that I did something to help them.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I hope someone at least had the courtesy to call it in on their cell phone as they drove by. .

I was able to call for help myself.

Weirdest thing was listening to the radio while waiting for the cops and EMTs to arrive. I heard "my" crash on a traffic update.

eek.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

glad your all right, all things considered.

get well soon
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I feel your pain on the no witnesses thing. For those that know where the intersection of Lane Avenue and Fyffe Rd is at OSU near the Schottenstein Center, I was involved in a accident about 6 years ago at 9:30am when it is very busy. A lady ran a red light while I was making a left turn. I smacked her very hard she must have been speeding as well, because I couldn't have been over 10 mph. The intersection was blocked and I was the only person that got out to check the lady in the other car. A friend of mine happened to be looking out a window in a building nearby just after the accident and saw the aftermath and called 911. The police showed up and cleared the intersection and cited no one because she claimed the light was yellow, and no one stuck around to give an accident report. We were both insured by the company that has the naming rights to the arena downtown. They listed us both at fault because of the he said, she said situation. Both cars were totalled, and I got stuck with a accident with personal injury claim that made me a high risk driver. I still fume when I think about it. I was on a college budget at the time and had driven two miles from getting my brakes and new tires done. I lost all that money, plus I had to fight tooth and nail for the value of my car. They eventually conceded but I switched insurance companies afterward, and will never go back.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I just bought a new car, a 2007 Toyota Corrolla

I'm a badass now.

The Fast and the Furious, the Raisor's Edge
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?