Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Game 5 Thread

Re: World Series Game 5 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    What a terrible way for Leyland to end his career.
    He just pulled a franchise out of the muck, he should be proud, despite small samples and youthful idiocy with the glove and arm.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Got to love watching those power pitchers field. Though, once again, the key to opening that Pandora's Box was runners on base. If Molina and Taguchi don't single their way on base, Weaver never gets the chance to put down a bunt for Verlander to botch.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Cards leading in the WS with Tim McCarver saying nonsensical things. I hope I wake up soon.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He just pulled a franchise out of the muck, he should be proud, despite small samples and youthful idiocy with the glove and arm.
    Yeah, but Leyland really prides himself on the fundamentals and such, and this Detroit team looks like a Billy Beane defensive/fundamentals special.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Pujols seem to be more of a punk than I had previously thought. What's the deal with him this postseason?

Quote Originally Posted by 11BarryLarkin11 View Post
    Pujols seem to be more of a punk than I had previously thought. What's the deal with him this postseason?
    He has always been a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    He has always been a jerk.
    lol

I guess I never picked up on it.

I don't like Buck or McCarver for any broadcast, but isn't it even worse that they're doing a World Series involving the Cardinals????

Casey gets a double on another misplayed ball by Duncan.

Duncan doing his best Marvelous Marv Throneberry impression.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Man, this has been a very sloppy world series. Is this really the best baseball has to offer?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Man, this has been a very sloppy world series. Is this really the best baseball has to offer?
    It just goes to show the crap shoot that is the world series play-offs.

The 2 most talented teams in baseball (1 from each league) were probably the Mets and the Twins. I say the Twins, because they were awesome once guys like Castro, White, and Batista were removed from the line-up.

Unfortunately, key injuries to Liriano and Martinez allowed the rest of the teams to catch up in talent making it easy for the likes of the Cards to make it to the World Series and probably win it. The Cards have been a bad team all year, but keep finding a way to win. In this case it's the Tigers' ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    The Cards have been a bad team all year, but keep finding a way to win. .
    Bad? You make some interesting cases and interesting points, but that is just wrong.

The Reds were bad. The Cardinals were good. Maybe not great, but certainly good.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If the Cards win the World series I think this will put more pressure on Krivisky. He will want to try to compete with the World Champions in the Division. Will the reds try to raid the Cards free agents or get rule V players from their system?
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 10-27-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Here, here.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

The whole NL has been bad this year. The Mets were the only good team and they were done when Pedro went down. I hope the NL bounces back next year and gives us some good teams. I don't ever recall more flawed teams in the league.

Turn Off Ads?