Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to throw up - STL WS champs?!?!

GOREDSGO32

I'm going to throw up - STL WS champs?!?!

I think the 2nd worst baseball champion of all time regular season record wise (Mets in 72 had like 82 wins I believe).

Is this the same team we smoked most of the year? Obviously the Tigers haven't been able to figure out the apparently suddenly great pitching, except former Red Sean Casey who has smoked STL pitching.

Winning on errors and outfield slips, STL must have a lucky rabbit's foot in their pocket, especially Eckstein. Close to the worst record for a WS champion in history? Check. Lowest ratings for a WS in baseball history? Check.

I really hope we sign at least one decent pitcher for next year to put in this staff so we can smoke this joke of a team.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    GOREDSGO32

Re: I'm going to throw up - STL WS champs?!?!

Game, I changed the channel before I could throw up. I really don't wanna hear Joe Buck hold himself to STL's joke of a team.

Stop.

Just shows what a little more hitting and pitching could have done for us. All those fans that wanted to throw up when Weaver was shutting us down at the end should realize also what a really good pitching coach can do for a team. Weaver just got himself a 2 or 3 year contract tonight.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

i hope every Red gets a copy of the 2006 World Series to rub it in how they were given EVERY chance by the Cardinals to be handed the division.. and they didnt wnat it bad enough... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    i hope every Red gets a copy of the 2006 World Series to rub it in how they were given EVERY chance by the Cardinals to be handed the division.. and they didnt wnat it bad enough... sigh
    You mean: Wayne wasn't smart enough to make the moves to put the Reds in contention for the Central.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

GOREDSGO32

We just didn't have pitching. Thank Milton and the 2 other random starters. Maybe Weaver will get the Milton sydrome. Watch him balloon to his career standard if STL signs him to a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    You mean: Wayne wasn't smart enough to make the moves to put the Reds in contention for the Central.
    NO.. the team didnt step up.. Dunn was awful.. and that darn west coast road trip cost us a huge chance to do what the Cards did tonight!!

This is so SICK!!

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I am just sick right now. These bozos had no business being there.

GOREDSGO32

ECKSTEIN??!?! Wow, talk about a joke. Ozzie Smith legend is spit on.

I would have given it to Molina.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I agree. This Cards team sucked something fierce. They about blew their lead in the home stretch but guess what. They won. Such is baseball. A game of streaks as demonstrated by those Cards.

As much as it makes me want to puke, i love watching those expressions when they won. Nothing shows the little league of a man when winning the big one.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    I am just sick right now. These bozos had no business being there.
    I hate to say it but I agree. Poorly played series and neither team "deserved" to win. Uggggh...
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

The good news is, the last 5 or 6 teams to win the WS have been kind of mediocre the next season. I think winning can sometimes have a bit of a hangover effect.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?