Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Weathers, Clayton, Johnson File For Free Agency

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Weathers, Clayton, Johnson File For Free Agency

Per Reds.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Weathers, Clayton, Johnson File For Free Agency

Addition by subtraction. The Reds are a better team today.

...and I was so hoping we could sign Clayton to baseball's first Uber Spectacular Lifetime Longterm Lasting Forever Contract. However, I guess he will automatically be going to the Yankees with the rest of their all-star lineup.

Goodbye Royce, I'll try my hardest to rememer that time you hit a 2 run homer against the Braves to break up what was turning into Chuck James' no hit bid (the night after Maddux probably would have no hit us), and nothing more from your time here.

I hope if they don't resign Weathers that they plan on finding a good replacement. Weathers has been pretty dependable for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I hope if they don't resign Weathers that they plan on finding a good replacement. Weathers has been pretty dependable for the Reds.
    Not trying to pretend I'm a stat guy because I'm not very good at it, but Weathers was "hit lucky" in 2006. His BABIP was .236 and if he pitches the same next year his results will likely be worse. Also, his time as closer and the shortage on the market may inflate his contract. If we get him back at the same price, I'd try him again. Any more money I'd put it somewhere else.

Clayton batted .258 with two homers and 40 RBIs, as well as 18 errors, in 137 games with the Nationals and Reds this season. Cincinnati acquired the 36-year-old in a July 13 eight-player trade that sent Felipe Lopez and Austin Kearns to Washington.
    oy

Calm down everyone...Krivsky might try and bring Royce back with a minor league deal

Live in fear
    Go Gators!

got alil captain in u?

only one i'd even thing of brining back would be stormy i've always liked him out of the pen good veteran guy has his bumps but was quality all year long

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    only one i'd even thing of brining back would be stormy i've always liked him out of the pen good veteran guy has his bumps but was quality all year long
    I agree. Al in all, he's been their best reliever over the last two seasons.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Calm down everyone...Krivsky might try and bring Royce back with a minor league deal

Live in fear

Gasp, heaven forbid

Krivsky might even go dumpster diving to bring in spare parts for Dr. Franken-Kremchek or Mr. Scrappy-parts knows how to play the game the right way - Narron.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 10-30-2006 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Gasp, heaven forbid

Krivsky even might go dumpster diving to bring in spare parts for Dr. Franken-Kremchek or Mr. Scrappy-parts knows how to play the game the right way - Narron.

Wayne! Bring me the GUZMAN!

I'm tempted too Jerry, he is a former Twin after all. But Guzman's really

DO IT!

...Fine. Sign the GUZMAN.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr

Turn Off Ads?