Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Casey

Casey

Boy, seeing Casey swing the bat in the series made me want him back in cincy.

6-8 the last two games with 2 HRs and almost like 3 more. He was on fire hitting pitchers no one else on the Tigers could hit. I was happy for him even though the Tigers lost

Good job Casey! The Major.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Casey

Casey had a great postseason all around. It's too bad the rest of the lineup couldn't get the job done to bring home a ring. It was great to see him excelling in the spotlight.

If he had hit 1/2 that good in Cincinnati this year we would have been in the playoffs. Maybe that deal was not so smart.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    If he had hit 1/2 that good in Cincinnati this year we would have been in the playoffs. Maybe that deal was not so smart.
    Scott Hatteberg outperformed Sean this year. I was really happy for him for the way he played in the postseason. I wish he would have got a ring. But, he wouldn't have put this team over the top.

I wish we had Casey since he was traded.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I forget what game it was, I think maybe game 4, with the ball hit to Rodney and he tossed it over Casey's head. Watching him attempt to jump for the ball was painful to watch. I'm not sure if his feet actually left the ground. Casey was sort of a feel good story for us (well, maybe you guys) since he is a good guy, and he finally got a shot for some postseason hardware,, but unfortunately he was the only one who had a remote clue about how to hit that overachieving Cardinal pitching.

The MVP of that series wasn't David freakin Eckstein, it was Dave Duncan. This is why most of the Reds' pitching sucks something awful, b/c we don't have a pitching coach to actually bring their games to higher levels at the appropriate times.

Here's to you Dave Duncan, you're far more valuable to the Cardinals than Tony LaRussa will ever be.
    Last edited by Highlifeman21; 10-28-2006 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I forget what game it was, I think maybe game 4, with the ball hit to Rodney and he tossed it over Casey's head. Watching him attempt to jump for the ball was painful to watch.
    Maybe so on the jump, but casey made a great pick on a ball in the dirt that saved a couple runs in a key situation, but I agree with the way Hatte played and Casey's what 8.5 million salary it was a good deal for the Reds. It was still nice to see. He was really driving the ball last night. If that was in GABP he would have had 3 HRs last night.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

You cant make a silk purse out of pig ears you know .
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I forget what game it was, I think maybe game 4, with the ball hit to Rodney and he tossed it over Casey's head. Watching him attempt to jump for the ball was painful to watch. I'm not sure if his feet actually left the ground. Casey was sort of a feel good story for us (well, maybe you guys) since he is a good guy, and he finally got a shot for some postseason hardware,, but unfortunately he was the only one who had a remote clue about how to hit that overachieving Cardinal pitching.

The MVP of that series wasn't David freakin Eckstein, it was Dave Duncan. This is was most of the Reds' pitching sucks something awful, b/c we don't have a pitching coach to actually bring their games to higher levels at the appropriate times.

Here's to you Dave Duncan, you're far more valuable to the Cardinals than Tony LaRussa will ever be.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

It was fun seeing Casey hit again. That Casey of '99, '00, and '04 was a fun hitter to watch. I bet he made himself a decent chunk of money by showing he can still swing the bat. It will be interesting to see where he ends up in FA.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

If you want to second guess the Casey trade you should be second guessing why it wasn't made at least a year ealier.

Casey would not have helped this team over the top in '06 just as he wouldn't in '07.

Rem

Just walk away Renee
    You won't see me follow you back home
    The empty sidewalks on my block
    They're not the same
    You're not to blame

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Casey had a great WS, that was awesome to see, but let's not look past this:
    OBP .336 overall, .286 in 53 games with the Tigers
    OPS .724 overall, .650 with the Tigers

Hatteberg holding a place until Votto takes over is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    I wish we had Casey since he was traded.
    If the Reds organization would have received something in return for Casey, or even a Kearns, and Lopez that really benefited the teams ability to be successful on the field it might have made the trade or trades seem more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Just walk away Renee
    You won't see me follow you back home
    The empty sidewalks on my block
    They're not the same
    You're not to blame

Who wrote that song?It's a catchy tune.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I wish he could have gotten a ring.

A guy like him deserves it.