Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do with this bullpen?

Re: What would you do with this bullpen?

Belisle - At this point doesn't Belisle belong in the Brandon Claussen can't stay helathy and effective bin of pitchers? I mean...it's nice that he's cheap and young and all that, but you can't count on a guy like this for anything.

Franklin - Let him go. You might get a lucky BAPIP year out of him, but you can say that about 100 guys.

Weathers - He's gonna go via free agency.

Cormier - Lefty Setup guy. Load as many innings as you can on the guy. When he's on, he's good.

Coffey - Righty Setup guy. Load as many innings as you can on the guy.

Bray - He's a more stable lefty version of Ryan Wagner. You have to give him innings to see what he's gonna be. He could grow up to be Randy Myers and he could implode.

Majewski - Is he gonna be healthy? MLB is not kind to relief pitchers with a history of injury problems. Like a lot of red's fans, I've got a bad feeling about this one.

Shackelford - Loogy. Means you have to go out and get another one. Not that that's going to be a problem. I think more of him that the organization does.

Standridge - Like Shackelford, I think more of him than the organization does. One K per inning? and you can only find 18 innings for him to pitch in a pen this bad? I mean...I like lefty matchups as well as the next guy, but don't you want at least a couple righthanders in your pen?

Schoeneweis - He could jump into the role I saw for Cormier. You keep both of them, Bray and Cormeir and you have four lefties in the pen AND Brandon Claussen, and whatever lefty starters you have.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A couple of days ago, I started to joke that the solution was to trade Dunn, since every other thread on the board contains a Dunn trade proposal. Now I see that this thread now contains Dunn trade proposals.

I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Take em to Kings Island and hope half of them get lost and can't find their way back.
    This is the best plan in the thread.

I should have had my sarcasm button on. Dunn is involved in all trade proposals from here to eternity. (Unless, of course, Deborah Kerr and Burt Lancaster are in the same trade proposal. Then, Dunn becomes Frank Sinatra.)

And don't get me started on the Junior/ Sammy Davis, Jr., provision...

I would check with my people and see if any of the following could help the Reds if I was Krivsky.

Jamie Walker, LHP 900,000
    David Riske, RHP 1,800,000
    Justin Speier, RHP 2,250,000
    Joe Borowski, RHP 327,000
    Chad Bradford, RHP 1,400,000

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I would check with my people and see if any of the following could help the Reds if I was Krivsky.

Jamie Walker, LHP 900,000
    David Riske, RHP 1,800,000
    Justin Speier, RHP 2,250,000
    Joe Borowski, RHP 327,000
    Chad Bradford, RHP 1,400,000
    Bradford & Walker's gonna want a raise.

Speier's, what, 35? - maybe at half that 2.25

Borowski's one circle change away from Social Security. Joe Borowski translated to French is "Rheal Cormier". Pass.

I'd take a "risk" on Riske - probably some type of ML invite to ST. The Indians had him dealing it pretty good a couple of years back. Might have been on hit-lucky too.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?