Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Hassenback "murdered"

Elizabeth Hassenback "murdered"

ELISABETH'S 'SVU' HASSLE
    By DON KAPLAN

October 25, 2006 -- YAPPY "View" co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck is up in arms over an episode of "Law & Order: SVU" where a character named Elizabeth Hassenback is raped and murdered.

She says she believes the character was meant to be her.

On yesterday's edition of "The View," she described a phone call she placed to the crime show's executive pro ducer, Neal Baer, and claimed he hung up on her after she complained to him.

"I said, 'Look, I think it's socially irresponsible to do this. . . I know what you did, that's essentially my name."

Baer told her to "chalk it up to coincidence." But Has selbeck says she pressed him, pointing out that "Law & Order" prides itself on its "rip ped from the headlines" stories. "Your show is so not based on coincidence and it pulls things from the headlines."

Baer then apologized and said he was sorry the show had hurt her feelings. Hasselbeck says she snapped back, "You don't sound sorry, it's not about feelings. . . and I want you to know I think it's socially irresponsible and I want to have you hear it from me before I vent on 'The View.' "

Hasselbeck said she told Baer she likes the actors on the show and thinks they're good people, "But I can't sit next to them [when they are 'View' guests] without feeling I'm being disrespected."

She claims after that, Baer sniped back, "You know what? I don't feel I have to deal with you. Goodbye lady." Then he hung up on her.

"I hate it when they say 'lady," Hasselbeck sniffed.

Baer declined to comment yesterday, but a spokesperson for "Law & Order: SVU" said the series' producers always look forward to having the show's actors appear on "The View."

A production source said that all character names on every edition of "Law & Order" are thoroughly vetted by the pro duction's legal department prior to appearing on the shows and there had been no intention to name one after Hassel beck.

On the "SVU" episode, a serial rapist/killer repeatedly attacks the same women when they are ovulating in an attempt to impregnate them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Elizabeth Hassenback "murdered"

So am I allowed to get upset too if a character on a tv show shares a similar name to my own? And she's not going to sit next to the actors? As if they had any input on the names of characters.

I wonder if this Elizabeth Hassenback hosted a show called "The Outlook."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

This is remind me of the........Spike Lee lawsuit on SPike TV. Some of these personalities, make me laugh. They have such big egos that, everything that is remotely close to their names, they think that it is suggested towards them. Before you posted this topic i never heard of this Elizabeth Hassenback. At first i thought it was Matt Hasselbacks wife, posted with a spelling error.

PS These people are close relatives to those whom refers themselves in third-person.
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

That woman is a nutjob and a half.

I admit to an enjoyment of the View every now and again -- just the beginning part when they're shooting the breeze -- but it gets my goat that they have been totally unable to find anyone with half a brain to fill the "young" role. I can throw them a dozen women, easy, in their 20s who are intelligent, hilarious, independent, articulate and gorgeous to boot, but they seem unaware that they can get anyone who is physically attractive who can fill the four previous categories.

I find her a disgusting, shrill, air-headed representation of my generation. Thank you.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Who is Elizabeth Hassenback?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Who is Elizabeth Hassenback?
    I didn't know either. So I googled.

She is the wife of backup Giants QB Tim Hasselbeck, and a co-host of a talk show.

Don't know her maiden name or if her claim to celebrity is being a QB's wife.

In any case, she is calling for a boycott of SVU.

So I will call for a boycott of her talk show (whatever it is)

My boycott has a head start on her boycott 'cause I've never seen her show (and won't see it anytime soon).

Wait

Google has a Link

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/bi...asselbeck.html

Se's an ex-participant from SURVIVOR.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Se's an ex-participant from SURVIVOR.
    I didn't even know that. That explains so much.

Her politics are...conservative. To say the least. But that's not what's infuriating about her; what's infuriating about her is that her brain is made of clay.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

For a Level Playing Field

In any case, she is calling for a boycott of SVU.

My boycott has a head start on her boycott 'cause I've never seen her show (and won't see it anytime soon).

Wait. She's an ex-participant from SURVIVOR.
    I am joining your boycott for her show(s). I'm like you... I cannot boycott them if I have never seen them!?!? Oh well, I'll make sure I never watch her crap either. Reality TV contestants becoming members of other TV shows is enough reason for me not to watch that show. Period!

Another so-called "celebrity".....who, and this is very sad to say, if she was walking down the street along with Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino, would probably get more attention, based on being on a reality show and some talking head show.

Sounds like someone needs to get over herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I can see why she's upset.

There's a lot of sick, stalker people out there. Celebs have to deal with them even more. Parody is one thing. I can see why a drama episode like this would upset someone.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    I can see why she's upset.

There's a lot of sick, stalker people out there. Celebs have to deal with them even more. Parody is one thing. I can see why a drama episode like this would upset someone.
    TC ... funny you mention that

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS FRONT PAGE
    nydailynews.com

Wednesday April 12, 2006

Lloyd Grove's Lowdown

'View' host plagued by creepy calls

Calls from an anonymous troublemaker have distressed Elisabeth Hasselbeck of 'The View' and her husband, Giants quarterback Tim Hasselbeck.
    Daytime television personality Elisabeth Hasselbeck has been having a very rough couple of weeks.

According to her colleagues on "The View" — on which the 28-year-old Hasselbeck is the designated conservative among Star Jones, Joy Behar, "Today" show-bound Meredith Vieira and mother superior Barbara Walters — she's being "stalked" by an anonymous caller.

The caller, apparently a woman, has been making false and creepy allegation about Hasselbeck and her husband, New York Giants quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, involving their 1-year-old daughter, Grace Elisabeth, to child protective services authorities — and, yesterday afternoon, to Lowdown.

A woman with a Southern twang, who refused to identify herself, phoned this column claiming to be "a friend of family," and, during a two-minute conversation, made unsupported allegations about the Hasselbecks before hanging up. I'm told that the New York City Administration for Children's Services has received and investigated similar unsupported anonymous complaints.

"This is a malicious attempt to harass our family," the Hasselbecks told Lowdown exclusively in a statement. "These allegations have been fully reviewed by child protective authorities and medical professionals and found to be absolutely false. This matter has been turned over to the District Attorney's office for prosecution of the individual(s) responsible for the false accusation."

Yesterday, Walters told me: "All of us at 'The View' love, respect and support Elisabeth. She is an enormous addition to our 'View' family, and we are just sad that this has caused her any pain." Walters speculated that Hasselbeck's tormentor "might be somebody who doesn't like her politics or maybe somebody who's crazy or maybe somebody who wants the baby. We just don't know."

Calling here merely 'conservative' isn't accurate.

"Neo-Hyper-Holier-than-thou-Conservative" would be more towards the mark.

As a conservative, she should be more worried about sitting next to Rosie O'Donnell.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-31-2006 at 08:16 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?