Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB4u's Free Agent Predictions

MLB4u's Free Agent Predictions

www.mlb4u.com

I couldn't get it to work past #40 but they predict none of those guys to go to the Reds. Aurilia isn't on the top 40 though.. so no Reds are on the list nor are do they project we get any. Not mentioned in rumors either. This isn't the best source in the world but most of the info is decent.

Anyways, the numbers that they predict seem a little high (lots of mediocre guys in the 7-9M range). Anyways, hopefully Bob C. will surprise us and get a big name FA as well as some stop gap guys. Looks like the Cubs might restock and the Astros and Cards have some $ to play with. The Brewers might even turn around next year with some smart moves.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB4u's Free Agent Predictions

Here i think i got all of them from the website:

Eddie Guardado- Re-igns on a 1-year, 400K with the Reds with a Team Option for 2008 worth $1.5M

Pedro Astacio- Minor League Deal

Rich Aurilia- Option exercised

Todd Hollandsworth- Re-signs for 1-year, $1.1M

Kent Merker- Signs minor-league deal with Reds with a prorated portion of a $1M salary for ML service

Julio Santana- Signs minor-league deal with the Reds

Scott Schoeneweis- Re-signs with the Reds for 2-years, $4.95M

David Weathers- Re-signs with the Reds for 1-year, $1.5M with a Mutual Option for 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    Here i think i got all of them from the website:

Eddie Guardado- Re-igns on a 1-year, 400K with the Reds with a Team Option for 2008 worth $1.5M

Pedro Astacio- Minor League Deal

Rich Aurilia- Option exercised

Todd Hollandsworth- Re-signs for 1-year, $1.1M

Kent Merker- Signs minor-league deal with Reds with a prorated portion of a $1M salary for ML service

Julio Santana- Signs minor-league deal with the Reds

Scott Schoeneweis- Re-signs with the Reds for 2-years, $4.95M

David Weathers- Re-signs with the Reds for 1-year, $1.5M with a Mutual Option for 2008

I had the same result as reds44 after reading that....i wouldnt take any of this to heart though...even though it is fun reading things like this

i love this time of year though....the offseason is no longer boring cause of things like this

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Yea, I love how the Cards sign like 17 starters and we get a few guys to minor league contracts... not sure there was a big picture in mind here.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Steps to getting quality free agents:

1. Make it a desirable place to play.
    2. Do not skip step 1.
    3. Pull out your wallet.

I think this website may be closer than we want to admit (but I hope the reds sign none of those players except maybe Weathers) and the prices are realistic as well. Actually, I think some will be higher.

Why would ANYONE pay Scott Schoeneweis that kind of money???????

Because they'll convince themselves that those 14 innings with the Reds are a better indicator than the rest of the season (4.88 ERA) or his career (5.01 ERA)?

I'll bet some around the Reds (including Marty) call for him to be resigned for decent money.

When does Hot Stove on WLW start, btw?

Let's hope they pick up on his .205 Batting Average on Balls in Play during his 14.1 innings for Cincy. He's a product of hit luck and a small sample size, which makes him a very bad investment. He needs to be cut loose. Krivsky will give more weight to Scott's career performance than the 14 innings in Cincy, right???
    Last edited by 11BarryLarkin11; 10-30-2006 at 01:53 AM.

I certainly hope so. But he may be tempted to keep the pitcher who he saw pitch successfully when so many didn't.

I'm hoping that next year's team will be constructed in a different fashion than this years was, what with Krivsky having more time to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by 11BarryLarkin11 View Post
    Why would ANYONE pay Scott Schoeneweis that kind of money???????
    for the same reason that one would pay Cormier that kind of money ... stupidty.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

i thought it was funny to see them picked the Cubs to puck up Weaver for three years and 18 million. Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by 11BarryLarkin11 View Post
    Let's hope they pick up on his .205 Batting Average on Balls in Play during his 14.1 innings for Cincy. He's a product of hit luck and a small sample size, which makes him a very bad investment. He needs to be cut loose. Krivsky will give more weight to Scott's career performance than the 14 innings in Cincy, right???
    yup

The predictions are pretty much below worthless. For instance, Mercker and Guardado are damaged and Aurilla thinks he's too good to come back with out a commitment to a position.
    Win the Division

I haven't read the whole list, but the ones here show a lack of imagination.

Turn Off Ads?