Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Belliard

Ronnie Belliard

Ronnie Belliard filed for FA....do you think the Reds should or will make a play for him?

Of the other 2B/SS FA options who do you favor?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ronnie Belliard

No thanks.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Of all the options on the FA market and in house, I think Ryan Freel is easily the best 2B option for his price.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I hope to the good lord above the Reds dont try and sign Bellylard.He is probably my least favorite player in all of baseball.He thinks hes way better than he is and is very arrogant.

I got sort of a funny story about Mr. Belly.It was during the game that Ross hit the walkoff homer off Izzy.When Belly came to bat they showed a crazy pic. of him(his cap was on about as crooked as he could get it and get it to stay on)on the big screen and the whole stadium just cracked up.I just think it is disrespectful to the game for those players to pull there cap around to there ear and go play the field.You think Billy Martin or any of the old time managers would allow there players to wear caps in that way.

Marty Moose!!

He doesn't impress me much, although i must say that big mop of hair is quite flashy...I wonder if he and Tim "thug life" Hummel hang out together?

Quote Originally Posted by maniem View Post
    I wonder if he and Tim "thug life" Hummel hang out together?
    Hah!

This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

I still think the Reds should look at Ray Durham for second with Phillips moving to 2nd. I am also intriqued by Nomar but he could be too costly for a poor fit unless he can stay healthy at 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I hope to the good lord above the Reds dont try and sign Bellylard.He is probably my least favorite player in all of baseball.He thinks hes way better than he is and is very arrogant.

I got sort of a funny story about Mr. Belly.It was during the game that Ross hit the walkoff homer off Izzy.When Belly came to bat they showed a crazy pic. of him(his cap was on about as crooked as he could get it and get it to stay on)on the big screen and the whole stadium just cracked up.I just think it is disrespectful to the game for those players to pull there cap around to there ear and go play the field.You think Billy Martin or any of the old time managers would allow there players to wear caps in that way.
    Seriously folks, we don't have to argue about how a player wears his hat anymore. This is ridiculous. You wouldn't want CC Sabathia on this team?? You don't want Brandon Phillips on this team? Manny Ramirez?

I'm tired of the attitude that a turned hat equals disrespect. That makes no sense to me. Why don't we argue about guys that cut the spandex out of there pants so the pant leg goes around their shoe (honestly I think have had that argument before, so nevermind).

FYI, I don't remember the whole stadium cracking up when seeing his picture either.

Why don't we talk about Spezio's chin thing? That to me is more ridiculous than a player tilting his cap.

Thank you. I am so tired of the cap comments.

I could see the Reds having interest in Kennedy if they could get him on the cheap.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Seriously folks, we don't have to argue about how a player wears his hat anymore. This is ridiculous. You wouldn't want CC Sabathia on this team?? You don't want Brandon Phillips on this team? Manny Ramirez?

I'm tired of the attitude that a turned hat equals disrespect. That makes no sense to me. Why don't we argue about guys that cut the spandex out of there pants so the pant leg goes around their shoe (honestly I think have had that argument before, so nevermind).

FYI, I don't remember the whole stadium cracking up when seeing his picture either.

Why don't we talk about Spezio's chin thing? That to me is more ridiculous than a player tilting his cap.
    I think people were cracking up, but not because of it looking ghetto or anything. It was just a VERY bad photo shop.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I'm toolsy.

I have to agree with the "disrepecting the game" comments that I've read here about the likes of Ronnie Belly. I don't pretend to know him as a person, but he just comes across as the kind of player that I wouldn't want to see in the line-up everyday.

I think there are better options out there, including Ray Durham. If I could wave a magic wand, WK would orchestrate a trade for Giles from the Braves or one of Texas' middle infielders (Young or Kinsler).

Isn't Durham like 57 years old?

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I still think the Reds should look at Ray Durham for second with Phillips moving to 2nd. I am also intriqued by Nomar but he could be too costly for a poor fit unless he can stay healthy at 2nd.
    Why would the Reds want to go after Ray Durham and not try to keep Rich Aurilia?

1)They are the practically the same age. Ray Durham is just three months younger.

2)Ray Durham made much more in salary in 2006 than did Aurilia. (Baseball-reference.com shows Durham's salary as 7,000,000, Aurilia's as 1,300.000) This would lead me to believe that Durham is going to be asking much more for 2007 than Aurilia.

3)Aurilia is a more valuable defender. Durham has played every game of his career but one at second base and seems to be an average fielder. Aurilia is also an average fielder, but has more versatility and can play a more difficult position- shortstop.

4)Ray Durham had a better offensive year. But it needs to be noted that in 2006 his slugging percentage was 100 points higher than his career average. Also, he posted his career high in OPS in 2006. Rich Aurilia may have had a late-season career year, but quite possibly the same can be said for Ray Durham.

5)The Reds and Aurilia have some history together. There have been rumblings on this board about Rich's recent comments regarding when and where he would play. Unless he actually refused to play a position, or it can be show that his attitude causes a problem in the clubhouse, these statements are a non-issue IMO.

If there is no way to keep Aurilia then Durham might be a viable option. But until such time I would prefer going after RA.
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-31-2006 at 12:54 PM.

I might go for Belliard but I don't think I'd throw a whole lot of money at him

Turn Off Ads?