Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite scary movie/scariest movie scene

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Favorite scary movie/scariest movie scene

It's Halloween!!

I love horror movies....but there's only one that really scared the crap out of me....Most have the suspense and the edge-of-your-seat stuff, but the ultimate is....

THE EXORCIST
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 10-31-2006 at 03:25 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Favorite scary movie/scariest movie scene

When all is said and done more is said than done.

Carrie - - when her hand comes up through the rocks/grave
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Oh, and Brokeback Mountain when those two dudes kiss.

S. C. A. R. Y.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I'll be watching the Evil Dead trilogy tonight. My favorites.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

For some reason I really liked Darkness Falls. Its not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination. I don't even know how to begin to explain why I like it.

I really think the Silent Hill series has a chance to become solid, mostly because their games are so great. If you like horror movies, try playing a Silent Hill game. You get so wrapped up in the story line and the sounds and visuals are so great. It will scare the crap out of you.

As far as Zombie movies go, Shaun of the Dead is my all time favorite Horror- Comedy. Its not a movie everyone likes, but I love it.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'll probably watch Halloween and possibly Halloween II tonight...

I watched Dawn of the Dead last night....it was on USA, but the gore was still there

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Friday the 13th Part III in 3-D when Jason first wears the hockey mask and shoots a girl in the eye with a harpoon. That thing flies straight at you.

There were lots of great scenes in that movie simply because of the 3-D.

If you watch it without the 3-D, you start tto wonder why everybody is pointing things at the camera.

The Exorcist scared the holy crap out of myself and the first Mrs. '62 when we saw it back in the day.

The next morning we were still freaked out. She put a glass down on the formica countertop and it must have had some water on it, because it actually slid sideways about six inches by itself. We both freaked completely out and ran out of that apartment yelling like idiots.

That movie was so far ahead of its time for special effects never before dreamed of, that now would be no big deal after "Saw" and movies like that.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

A movie I saw recently that is easily one of the best horror/suspense films I've ever seen.

and

Maybe the best horror film ever made.

The scariest movie I ever saw was that one where the person heard something and went looking around in the darkened house to see what it was, and the music got really creepy, but then the cat jumped out. They really got me!

Why don't more movies copy that one?
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Oh, and Brokeback Mountain when those two dudes kiss.

S. C. A. R. Y.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    As far as Zombie movies go, Shaun of the Dead is my all time favorite Horror- Comedy. Its not a movie everyone likes, but I love it.

Also one of my favorite movies EVER!!!! That movie was so awesome cause it used a lot of classic lines from other horror movies. I like it when movies do that!
    Let's make some noise!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I have never been much of a horror movie fan, but one scene that scared the daylights out of me the first time I saw it, back when it first came out and I was a wee one, was the part in Jaws where the severed head becomes visible through the hole in the sunken boat. That scene really got me then.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I have to agree that Shaun of the Dead rules. It has been on Comedy Central the past few weeks, it actually just went off. I love that movie. As for scary movies.... I dont really get scared so much over gory things, but I dont do well with ghosts and demons, that type of stuff. Never seen the Exorcist, but the Exorcism of Emily Rose is a movie that I have seen once, but its also a movie I will only see once.

Turn Off Ads?