Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trick-or-treaters?

trick-or-treaters?

Where are they? I purposely bought candy and stayed home. I can see them on the street in their little ghouly outfits. but not one has knocked on my door. Boooooo.

Now I'm just bored, may have to go out for a beer. It's only quarter after six, but WTF trick-or-treaters?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WTF trick-or-treaters?

Do you have any lights on at your house???

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

[RANT] Merely throwing on a Chad Johnson or Carson Palmer jersey does not qualify as a costume and should not entitle one to free candy [/RANT]
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Do you have any lights on at your house???
    It's lit up like a chimney and I keep peering out the window too. Perhaps I am scaring them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    [RANT] Merely throwing on a Chad Johnson or Carson Palmer jersey does not qualify as a costume and should not entitle one to free candy [/RANT]
    Heck, you can see that on two-fifths of Cincinnati's population any day of the week.

Man Pills

Re: trick-or-treaters?

Leave a tray of candy out on the lawn, then lower the mousetrap when they take the bait.

Act like you don't want them to knock on your door.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Leave a tray of candy out on the lawn, then lower the mousetrap when they take the bait.
    And I could chalk it up to Halloween kitsch! Genius!

I finally got some, they were running across my lawn and I had to call them over. I explained that I hadn't gotten any trick-or-treaters yet and was very sad and told them to take as much candy as they want. Welcome new loser neighbor with two bowls of candy and a beer in her hallway. I'm sure their parents were thrilled.

One of them was covered in a sheet with stitches and had a clown wig on his head and a stick in his hand. I asked if he was a dead clown and sighed in that no-one-understands way and told me that he was a dead hippie with a machine gun

Our city had trick-or-treating on Saturday. We didn't get many kids because the weather was pretty bad. But last year, when the weather was nice, we had a lot of visitors. I usually bust out the tailgating chairs, crank up the tunes in my car and sit by my garage, just because it's closer to the street than the front door.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

I got more!

I told them to take three pieces each, and all of a sudden there was a stream of them. Now I have four pieces of candy left with an hour to go. Whoops.

They are so cute in their costumes and ski jackets, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I got more!

I told them to take three pieces each, and all of a sudden there was a stream of them. Now I have four pieces of candy left with an hour to go. Whoops.

If you run out of candy, you can give them beer.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

If you start giving out beer I might stop by.

By the way the costumes in my area suck. None of these kids are very creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If you run out of candy, you can give them beer.
    That would go over well. I've noticed, actually, that almost all these kids are out with their parents, which is different even since I was their age. Even though it's a family-oriented neighborhood and there's a school right down the street, there are some dangerous parts of the hood, definitely. I guess this is just what they have to do these days.

I'm officially out of candy (had an awkward I-only-have-three-pieces-for-four-of-you moment) and I would offer you all beer but I'm going to meet my cousins at the bar instead. Happy Halloween!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    If you start giving out beer I might stop by.

By the way the costumes in my area suck. None of these kids are very creative.
    I just had my 10th "throw on a Bengals/OSU Jersey and go" costumed kid.

I told the one wearing a Troy Smith jersey that Brady Quinn was going to win the Heisman, that Michigan was going to win the big game in 3 weeks, and that OSU would never win another national title because they were having salary cap trouble.

He stared blankly and took the Milk Duds.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?