Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endless Wire - New Who Album

Zoinks!

Re: Endless Wire - New Who Album

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I thought Face Dances and It's Hard were very solid albums, and far superior to the last couple of albums the Who did prior to Keith Moon's death.... "Who By Numbers" and "Who Are You?". There were a few good songs on those albums, but overall, IMO, pretty weak efforts.
    Gotta disagree on Face Dance or It's Hard being better than Who Are You. To me, songs like Trick of The Light and Had Enough, not to mention the title track are a whole lot better than any track on either of the post-Moon efforts. Of course, you know what opinions are like....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    Gotta disagree on Face Dance or It's Hard being better than Who Are You. To me, songs like Trick of The Light and Had Enough, not to mention the title track are a whole lot better than any track on either of the post-Moon efforts. Of course, you know what opinions are like....
    I agree, Jones never grabbed me, nor those two albums. That said I saw them in 88 and on the Quadrophenia tour and they kicked much arse.

If the Who were a baseball player they would be the Dale Murphy type, shows up, impresses, burns brighter then the sun for a time and then fades to something that resembles neither of the two prior stages.

Any band would take Tommy-Quadrophenia-Who's Next as a career and walked away with a big grin.

Oh BTW I listened to the first 3 tracks of the new disc (it's on right now) and it wasn't bad... the first song (Fragments) cops some older licks from Won't Get Fooled Again in the opener, I also hear a little of "Music Must Change"

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    I agree.

I'm just such a huge Who fan that Pete Townsend could put out just about anything on vinyl and I'd buy it. I loved songs on those albums such as "Guitar and Pen", "Slip Kid", "Squeeze Box", and "How Many Friends". But I also think the last couple of albums produced some good music also in "You Better You Bet", "You", "Another Tricky Day", "Athena", "Eminence Front", and "Dangerous".

They definitely lost a very key ingredient when Moon passed away. I think they lost that sense of recklessness and "hope I die before I get old". Of course, age does that too.

The first Who album I ever owned, other then 45's, was "Meaty, Beaty, Big, and Bouncy". I played that album to death. "I Can See For Miles" is one of my all-time favorite Who songs.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

The first Who album I ever owned, other then 45's, was "Meaty, Beaty, Big, and Bouncy". I played that album to death. "I Can See For Miles" is one of my all-time favorite Who songs.
    I had Meaty Beaty on reel to reel.....werid, huh?

Turn Off Ads?