Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In search of Ira Landis

In search of Ira Landis

Hi. I'm not a Reds fan, so pardon the intrusion. I am looking for an old friend who is a Reds fan. As noted in the thread title, the old friend's name is Ira Landis. Another old friend and I were talking baseball earier in the year and we wondered "what ever happened to Ira Landis?".

I posted a similar message to this one at the official(for lack of a better word) Reds message board at cincinnatireds.com at the beginning of the season and got no response, so I did a Google search for more Reds chatter and it led me here.

So, if you are Ira Landis or know Ira Landis, tell him Keith(me, a Tiger fan) and Gary(an Indians fan----booooooo) were wondering where he is and how he's doing. I can be contacted at toledotigerfan@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

PS---You guys aren't that far from contending. As the Tigers proved this year, great improvement can happen quickly. You guys hit a lot of home runs, but don't score that much and you need a reliable starting pitcher(not an innings eater, a winner). Hang in there. Maybe a Reds-Tigers World Series will happen in 2007.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: In search of Ira Landis

I might be able to find Ira Joe Fisher.

You mean this guy? I asked him once and he threw his lunch at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I might be able to find Ira Joe Fisher.
    They are still searching for Bobby Fischer.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

A bump before I turn in for the night.

Bump. I won't bump this forever. I'll bump it a couple times this weekend and then let it drop.

We need more clues!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Clues, hmmm. Well, he had dark hair, he wasn't much taller than a table, often wore a green shirt with wide black stripes, and hung around with an animated dog and fake fruit. But where in the hell would I find someone that looks like that?

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KWM View Post
    Clues, hmmm. Well, he had dark hair, he wasn't much taller than a table, often wore a green shirt with wide black stripes, and hung around with an animated dog and fake fruit. But where in the hell would I find someone that looks like that?
    anybody writing this down in their handy, dandy, notebook?
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Here's the mail it never fails
    It makes me wanna wag my tail
    When it come i wanna wail
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLL!!!!!!
    Let's make some noise!

Bump. Spring Training is here and perhaps the long sought after Ira Landis is at this board looking for good news about his Reds. I'll bump this a few times until the season starts and let it drop after that. Thanks!

I'll bump this a few times until the season starts and let it drop after that. Thanks!
    This board could use some favors. Not sure about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    anybody writing this down in their handy, dandy, notebook?

Because, y'know, it's not bad enough that I have to hear this at home, but now I can't escape it at the office either?

"It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Bump. Hi again. I'm back for another search for the elusive Ira Landis. Spring in near, baseball is here, so I'm hoping again that Ira now has a computer and hangs around Internet message boards. Perhaps he is slow to get into the Internet. I have the same e-mail address I used to register, so if you're Ira or if you know Ira, send me an e-mail. Thanks again! I'll bump this a couple more times as we get near Opening Day.

I understood The Usual Suspects the first time through.

This, not so much.

Turn Off Ads?