SS  Omar Vizquel 11 
    3B  Scott Rolen 7 
    OF  Carlos Beltran 1 
    OF  Mike Cameron 3 
    OF  Andruw Jones 9

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NL Gold Gloves

Surprised? Not really...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Headed South

I think it's a shame that 3 CFs all took these Gold Gloves. Considering how Gold Gloves are often used as a benchmark for defensive prowess, Gold Gloves should reflect how each performer performs relative to their position.

I mean, a really excellent SS could finish 2nd in the SS gold glove voting, but would've run away with the 2b voting. Unfortunately, the 2006 Gold Gloves won't have any sort of accurate assesment of who the best fielding CF in the NL was, and it won't tell us at ALL who the best-fielding RFs and LFs were..

It's a damn travesty. This is idiotic. It's not like the outfielders change positions that frequently. How many games this year did any of the winners play at corner outfield spots? Not a single one.

A joke. A damn joke.

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

- e.b.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Code:
    P  Greg Maddux 16 
    C  Brad Ausmus 3 
    1B  Albert Pujols 1 
    2B  Orlando Hudson 2 
    SS  Omar Vizquel 11 
    3B  Scott Rolen 7 
    OF  Carlos Beltran 1 
    OF  Mike Cameron 3 
    OF  Andruw Jones 9
    This fuels the fire a little more for me as to why I think we should go out and get the O Dog, Orlando Hudson. Switch Phillips to SS, Hudson at 2B. Great DP combo. That drastically improves our IF D up the middle, and neither one of them will hurt us offensively.

As to what I'd give to get Hudson, honestly not sure. I doubt they need LaRue, although it would solve our need to dump payroll and hopefully get us back down to only a 2 headed catching monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone12 View Post
    I think it's a shame that 3 CFs all took these Gold Gloves. Considering how Gold Gloves are often used as a benchmark for defensive prowess, Gold Gloves should reflect how each performer performs relative to their position.

I mean, a really excellent SS could finish 2nd in the SS gold glove voting, but would've run away with the 2b voting. Unfortunately, the 2006 Gold Gloves won't have any sort of accurate assesment of who the best fielding CF in the NL was, and it won't tell us at ALL who the best-fielding RFs and LFs were..

It's a damn travesty. This is idiotic. It's not like the outfielders change positions that frequently. How many games this year did any of the winners play at corner outfield spots? Not a single one.

A joke. A damn joke.

Feel better?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I'd have Ryan Freel over Cameron in CF any day.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone12 View Post

A joke. A damn joke.
    I respectfully disagree. For the most part, anyone who can play centerfield well can play left field well, while the converse is not true. I do recognize that the throw from right field to third base requires arm strength that's not necessary in CF. However, I have no problem with 3 CF's getting the award. Usually, a team's best OF is in center.

I think that the switch from Shortstop to 2B is much tougher than from CF to one of the corners. Derek Jeter has all but admitted that he'd be afraid to play 2B at the major league level. Among other things, he doesn't like turning the double play with his back to the lead runner.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Turn Off Ads?