OF Carlos Beltran 1
    OF Mike Cameron 3
    OF Andruw Jones 9

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2006 NL Gold Glove Winners

now we'll never stop hearing about "prince albert's" fielding prowess

Honestly, despite being a card, really wanted to see Yadier Molina get it. Thought he deserved it.

that's not a bad list if you remove Ausmus and Vizquel.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Pujols deserves it. He has defintely evolved into a very nice fielding 1st baseman.

I was hoping Ryan Freel would get one in the outfield....guess he doesn't have a recognizable name.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

It would have been cool for Freel to get one - but the amount of time might have had something to do with it in the voters' minds as well (54 CF, 42 RF, 13 LF), as well as his 5 errors in right. I am not saying that is right at all - I am just trying to get into the disturbed minds of the voters

Professor of Cardinalogy

Ausmus isn't undeserving. Initially I was like "What the .....!?" But Ausmus was tied with Molina for the league lead in defensive win shares (8.3). He also leads Mo-Mo in most of the non-throwing catcher stats (fielding %, PB, errors, etc.). The one who really got jobbed here was Everett. He lead all short stops in the NL with 8.6 winshares from the SS position. The next closest was Furcal at almost 2 wins less (6.8). He laps Vizquel (4.6). Also, Andruw Jones is earning those 2-4 gold gloves on reputation alone that alot of GG'rs get towards the end. Houston may have gotten jobbed out of 2 gold gloves, as Willie Taverez had 6.3 win shares, though Pierre of the Cubs was the true victim at 7 win shares and no gold glove. I guess 2 out of 3 in the outfield isn't too bad (Cameron & Beltran were definately deserving), but Jones at only 5.0 win shares won on reputation. D.GOOCH
    Last edited by paintmered; 11-04-2006 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Masked profanity

Have they always just picked the 3 best outfielders? I thought they always picked one from each position..

Professor of Cardinalogy

The Gold Gloves don't differentiate among positions in the outfield. There have always been 3 GG outfield winners. D.GOOCH

All-in-all not a bad list.

I'll just note right here that Mike Cameron's having himself a nice career. Was the Jr. trade really the Curse of the Cambino?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Omar still racking them up.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I said this over in RedsLive, but I really think we should make an effort to go out and get the O Dog, Orlando Hudson. Phillips at SS and Hudson at 2B I think would be one of the best DP combos in the game. Not sure what we'd have to give up to get him, but I would think that would really solve a lot of defensive issues up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Omar still racking them up.
    No way Omar should have won the GG over Adam Everett. Everett is head and shoulders above everyone else at short.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by 11BarryLarkin11 View Post
    No way Omar should have won the GG over Adam Everett. Everett is head and shoulders above everyone else at short.
    You're kidding, right?

WKU Hilltoppers

I've always had a problem with the outfield gold gloves not being awarded by position. Much the same as the all-star ballot just lists oufield instead of center field etc.. I know it's not exactly the same but it is kind of like just giving all the infield awards to the short stops.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base
    --Dave Barry

Turn Off Ads?