1) Sign Doug Davis to a 3 year, $15M contract : I like Doug Davis as much if not more than Ted Lilly in many ways. He will come cheaper, and is more durable than Lilly. He fills the role of a #4 starter quite well, and if all goes right with Arroyo, Harang and Milton, he gives the Reds a solid rotation.

I'm not a big fan of Davis.
As I said ~1 week ago I am not sure any of the 2nd tier free agent starters are that great & there could be a lot of teams with Eric Milton style contracts/production.

I think Milton/Lohse/EZ/Claussen/Belisle will fill the 4th/5th starter slots.
( Bailey starts 2007 in AAA ).
IMO we need a #3 starter & have plenty of in house options for the 4th/5th starter slots.

2) Sign Craig Wilson to a 2 year, $5M deal and make him the RH platoon 1B and occasional OF reserve. A Hatteberg/Wilson platoon will give you 25+ HR and close to a .400 OBP at a nice price until Joey Votto is ready.

- Wilson, Nevin, Aurillia, Wes Helms or a trade for someone similar is needed.
It will probably come down to who wants the least money

3) Here's my blockbuster...trade Junior and assume 50% of his contract to the Cubs for Cesar Izturis. Junior would be reunited with Lou Piniella and assuming the Cubs resign Pierre would play LF or RF. I think that is very doable.

I have no problem trading Jr even if we pay 50% of his salary.

4) Sign Frank Catalanotto as a FA to play RF every day. A near-.400 OBP, professional .300 hitter who is harder to strike out than almost anyone in the game, and he can probably be signed for 3 years, $13M.

I differ here. SS, C, 2B,CF are the positions where defensive matters a lot and offense is sacrificed. I want a big bopper in RF.

5) Sign Eric Gagne to an incentive-laden 2 year deal with a $2M base and incentives that could raise it to $8-$9M a season. Have escape hatches in there in case he flames out

Gagne signed to an incentive laden deal is ok.
However I suspect he will never be close to what he was.
I have some suspicions of anyone whose production fell off ( hurt or not ) in 2006.

6) Re-sign Kyle Lohse to a deal no higher than 2 years, $8M as our 5th starter. If he won't bite, it's hello to Homer Bailey.
I think Lohse is the #3 starter until we get someone better.

7) Give Jason LaRue to whomever will take him and pony up $2M of his deal to make him attractive to a team in need of a veteran c.

I think we can trade Larue, especially in we take on another team's problem contract. several teams are unsettled at catcher.

8) Minor move, but resign Todd Hollandsworth at 1 year, $2M as a quality veteran bat off the bench.

IF we get a good right handed 1b on a one year deal then Hatteberg becomes the veteran off the bench.

9) Resign David Weathers to a 2 year deal at $2.5M per season.

I do like the idea of resigning Weathers if the cost isn't too high.