Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Washington named Rangers' manager

Re: Ron Washington named Rangers' manager

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    The Schmidts, Mantles, and Reggie Jackson's of the world are the exceptions and not the rule. Granted, some times you just have to tip your cap to the pitcher. The good ones may strike out, but they aren't ever happy about it. Just my opinion and only that.
    No one ever said they should be happy about it. Personally, I subscribed to the Paul O'Neil school of hating all outs equally. Strikeout, popout, groundout, flyout, hate 'em all.

Good players are always an exception. Otherwise we wouldn't recognize them as being good. Yet good contact hitters are actually more of an exception than good hitters with high strikeout totals in modern baseball (and by modern I mean over the last 50 years).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

This hire could be the key to a Texas turnaround.

Barry Zito has contacted the new Rangers' skipper about his interest in moving there to play for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    This hire could be the key to a Texas turnaround.

Barry Zito has contacted the new Rangers' skipper about his interest in moving there to play for him.
    The Rangers need more than just Zito. Rangers pitching has been lousy for years. The park they play in doesn't help.

Turn Off Ads?