Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ohio State/Michigan game time

Ohio State/Michigan game time

I keep hearing rumors it may get moved from 3:30 to 8:00, anyone know if that's a real possibility?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio State/Michigan game time

No freaking way.

Sorry, it was brought up on the OSU game two weeks ago, and ABC did ask. But, it's November, and 3:30 is late enough according to the OSU AD.

It should still be at NOON, IMO.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I am disappointed that the game is at 3:30, but there is no way with the problems around campus would they play a Michigan game that late. Public safety would be at severe risk.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Can you point me to where the AD said that? I can't find it anywhere in here. Thanks

The game starts at 3:30 and it was confirmed that it WOULD NOT be moved to prime time.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The Big Ten put the squash on this rumor about a month ago.

There is absolutely ZERO chance of this happening.

Gametime is 3:30.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

It will be at 3:30 but remember it will be dark when the game ends and that can't be good for some of those folks trying to get away from the celebrations.

IMHO this game should always be played at high noon
    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields

I go to OSU and the reason it wasnt moved to 8 is because the school doesnt want to give people 5 more hours of drinking before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman44 View Post
    I go to OSU and the reason it wasnt moved to 8 is because the school doesnt want to give people 5 more hours of drinking before the game.
    Exactly right. As Colin Cowherd said, " OSU fans, now those guys are crazy. They burn stuff when they win." Win or lose I do not want to be there after if people have had 14 hours of drinking until the end of the game.
    Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Can you point me to where the AD said that? I can't find it anywhere in here. Thanks
    I'm sorry - I was listening to the Half-Time show on the Ohio State Radio Network. Skip Mosic asked Gene Smith about the time of the game, and Gene said that under no circumstances would the game to be changed to accomodate ABC. In fact, Smith would have rather played the game at 12 or 1 to ease the pressure around campus while its still light, but ABC didn't slot a game at 1 this year.

There was even rumblings that this game could have been on ESPN for some stupid reason.

That is the nice thing about the SEC on CBS. ESPN/ABC jerk things around. CBS shows a game at 3:30 every Saturday, and two-to-three times a year they do an SEC doubleheader. You know the best SEC game will be on CBS.

I wish CBS would get back the Big Ten for that reason in football.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?