Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bowden signs Michalak (and many others)

Bowden signs Michalak (and many others)

Our buddy in Washington offered minor league deals to Michalek and a host of others.

Edit: Including Josh Hall.

LINK

WASHINGTON NATIONALS-- Agreed to terms with INF Josh Wilson, OF Michael Restovich, RHP Tim Redding and RHP Joel Hanrahan on one-year contracts. Agreed to terms with RHP Jermaine Van Buren, RHP T.J. Nall, RHP Colby Lewis, RHP Felix Diaz, RHP Eduardo Valdez, RHP Josh Hall, RHP Winston Abreu, RHP Jim Magrane, LHP Mike Bacsik, RHP Billy White, RHP Chris Michalak, C Juan Brito, C Danny Ardoin, INF Joe Thurston, INF Alejandro Machado, OF Darnell McDonald and OF Wayne Lydon
    on minor league contracts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bowden signs Michalak (and many others)

Valdez was also a Red.

alejandro machadro can really play, Bowden just missed picking up Len Boehmer, Jay Ward and Craig Worthington.

Maybe he was thinking of Anderson Machado instead of Alejandro Machado.

I know I would.

I feel terrible for the seamster or seamstress who has to put numbers and names on the back of the Nats' jerseys. It has to be at least a 60 hour work week.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

how did the reds omit Van Buren. I love his arithmetic progression 13 IP's 14 Hits 15 walks.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    how did the reds omit Van Buren. I love his arithmetic progression 13 IP's 14 Hits 15 walks.
    Or Danny Ardoin and his palindrome lifetime batting average: 202
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

how did the reds omit Van Buren
    D.C. is the destination of destiny for VB
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Wouldn't have minded getting Van Buren based on his minor league track record, though his control issues in the majors are certainly odd. Tim Redding also seemed to have decent 5th starter potential. Oh well.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

don't forget josh hall was a red as well.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Josh Hall was just starting to show that he is finally back to where he was before his injury. Could be a good pick by JimBo. That said, do all GM's have soft spots for guys they drafted?
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Valdez was also a Red.
    I was thinking Valdez was one of the guys that Ross was impressed with when he was rehabing. I searched the forums and found the post which had the news posted from Marcs blog:

SCOUTING REPORT - Class AA Chattanooga's pitching staff has been solid all season, and Ross was impressed with what he saw in his two rehab games with the Lookouts.

Ross caught right-handers Josh Hall and Eddy Valdez, with both turning in solid starts on his watch. Valdez in particular was impressive, allowing just three hits in a season-high 7 1/3 innings while walking two and striking out six.

"The guy (Tuesday) night threw really well - Valdez," said Ross. "He really impressed me. They've got a good team

Turn Off Ads?