Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Computer Games

Computer Games

Well in my off time, the way I waste time is either paintball or play computer games. So I was wondering if fellow Redzoners on here plays online computer games. If so could you please list some games you are playing right now.

Im playing Battlefield 2, World of Warcraft, and the occasional Counter Strike.
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Computer Games

You know, I tried online games for a bit with Unreal Tournament (GOTY edition) and I think with Tom Clancey's Rainbow Six: Raven Sheild.

I got frustrated because some 13 year old geek would zap me within .00046 nano seconds of regenerating. They would have 1,458,083 frags to my 2 before the game would end. Seemingly I'd empty an entire clip into them and little, if any damage would happen. They'd look in my general direction and poof...I was dead. It happened enough times, in enough different games on enough different severs that I gave it up.

Sorry...has nothing to do with your request. Just a little rant.

Been there, abner, with Unreal Tournament as well.
    It was a capture the flag map. I generated behind a building, where I found literally all of my teammates huddled in fear. Curious as to why they were not defending our flag/capturing the other flag, I took a peak.
    I regenerated again behind the building. Again, I took a peak.
    I regenerated inside the building. I decided to make a run for it. Seriously, I was still inside the buildingg by 20 feet, and I was gone again. I got zapped 10 times in less than three minutes - and never got a round off.
    So ended my online gaming experience. They don't call me DeadMeatCinatit for nothing.

I'm a WoW nut and keep trying to get Civ IV working, but that's about it.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Call Of Duty
    Call Of Duty 2
    Flight Sim 2004 (I'm waiting until I upgrade my P.C. to try Flight Sim X)
    Jane's USAF
    And the classic, Steel Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Flight Sim 2004 (I'm waiting until I upgrade my P.C. to try Flight Sim X
    Same here on that one. I'm going to wait until the DX10 cards come out first. FSX is supposedly a real resource hog. But I've been a Flight Sim fan ever since it ran off a single floppy disk.

When I have time for it, I generally stick to the sports and simulation genres. I absolutely refuse to let myself play any kind of RPG. I insist on maintaining some resemblance of a social life outside of my internet connection. Besides, I've seen too many engineering classmates find themselves in academic hot water because of WoW.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Joint Operations:Typhoon Rising, Halo, CS:S, Hero Online(not so much any more)

out of the park baseball, baseball mogul, used to play age of empires

I finally broke down and got OOTP Baseball. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet though. Not enough hours in the day for that kind of play right now.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Oblivion.

Turn Off Ads?