20 33.33%
  • I usually pay other people to do things

21 35.00%
  • What's a screwdriver ?

5 8.33%
  • Live in an appartment, still in school, don't know yet

10 16.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How handy around the house are you?

Re: How handy around the house are you?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm trying to get my oldest boy to go into plumbing. He already has the crack for it.

I wish I could un-see that.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    It had better be plug and play or I have to do gofer duties. I did ok this year with replacing a door knob, I was shocked. Then I got all encouraged and happy and tried installing a new shower head, it leaked.
    tape is your friend.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I can write a check.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I can write a check.
    You're a perfect man Pedro.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    You're a perfect man Pedro.
    I'm in the middle of having my kitchen and one of my bathrooms remodeled. I'm going to get quite good at this "check" thing I think.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I have helped build decks, roof houses, and stud walls, A few weeks ago I helped my brother put in a concrete sidewalk.

Personally I have fixed plumbing leaks, fixed drywall, put in a drop ceiling, put up a ceiling fan, installed a toilet, put up siding, tore a few things out, put a few things in ... heck, I've even helped lay brick on a few houses. I mostly did this earlier in life because I could and I needed to.

I don't mess much with electric very much, plugged a screwdriver into a live 220 box once. Once.

Last year I had my basement finished, I paid somebody else to do that and took a few extra jobs with my side business pay for it. Everybody was much happier that way. I wasn't always working on the basement and it was done in a couple of months. I probably could have done about 80%+ of it myself but figured what I do on the side is much easier, safer, and more effective use of my time.

GL

Turn Off Ads?