Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Detriot News ideas on Bonderman, Teixeira and more

Rumor: Detriot News ideas on Bonderman, Teixeira and more

The Rangers are reportedly willing to trade Mark Teixeira, who I think is still cheap. This is one player that will be an all-star for years. I don't know if the Reds have enough to offer the Rangers, but as a fan I would love too have him. I wonder if this could net Tex.

Reds get: Teixeira

Rangers get: Dunn, Votto and mid-level pitching prospect

Dunn could finally go back home and DH (his natural position). Votto is major league ready. Throw in a prospect and I can't see the Rangers passing on this deal. Unless of course they are looking for a major league ready #1/2 pitcher, then Reds have no shot.

Just an idea. The Reds need pitching, but I like too dream.

http://detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...60/1004/SPORTS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rumor: Detriot News ideas on Bonderman, Teixeira and more

Better yet:

Reds deal Dunn, Coffey and a prospect to Detroit for Bonderman and Rodney.

Reds deal LaRue and Milton to Philadelphia for OF Pat Burrell. (No-trade clause could be sticking point).

Reds get an upgrade in the rotation with Bonderman instead of Milton.

Reds get a potential closer in Rodney at the expense of a setup man (who doesn't have a closer mentality) in Coffey.

Reds replace some of Dunn's lost production with Burrell, who the Phillies want to desperately unload.

Add to that Krivsky signing Adam Kennedy to play second base; RHP Justin Speier as a setup man and possible closer; and OF Trot Nixon to platoon in RF with either Denorifa or Freel.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Yay!

Teixeira is a free agent after this season and a Scott Boras client. No thanks.

I wouldn't even like this deal if the above wasn't true.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Well Krusty some of your ideas I think are biased towards the Reds favor, I think this is what were looking at instead regarding your deals:

Reds-Tigers:
    Reds trade Adam Dunn and Todd Coffey
    Tigers trade Nate Robertson and Rodney
    ----I truly believe that they intend to go with the younger Bonderman, and would likely give up Robertson to acquire a LH power hitter.

Reds-Phillies:
    Reds trade David Ross, Ryan Freel
    Phillies trade Pat Burrell
    ----The Phillies desperatly need a catcher, but not at Larues price/production
    and with the departure of Burrell and Delucci , Freel becomes a nice guy to have playing RF at the top of the order for that lineup. They also rid themselves of salary that will be used to pursue Soriano.

I think that these moves would free up some $$$ for us to be able to address the SS and bench positions. But I truly believe your right that Phillips will be the SS and Adam Kennedy will be our new 2b.

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    Well Krusty some of your ideas I think are biased towards the Reds favor, I think this is what were looking at instead regarding your deals:

Reds-Tigers:
    ----I truly believe that they intend to go with the younger Bonderman, and would likely give up Robertson to acquire a LH power hitter.

Reds-Phillies:
    and with the departure of Burrell and Delucci , Freel becomes a nice guy to have playing RF at the top of the order for that lineup. They also rid themselves of salary that will be used to pursue Soriano.

I think that these moves would free up some $$$ for us to be able to address the SS and bench positions. But I truly believe your right that Phillips will be the SS and Adam Kennedy will be our new 2b.

Let's try this:

Dunn, Coffey and Hopper to Detroit for OF Craig Monroe, RHP Fernando Rodney and LHP Wilfredo Ledezma.

Ledezma could make the Reds rotation and has a high ceiling as a LHP pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Let's try this:

Dunn, Coffey and Hopper to Detroit for OF Craig Monroe, RHP Fernando Rodney and LHP Wilfredo Ledezma.

Ledezma could make the Reds rotation and has a high ceiling as a LHP pitching prospect.
    That's a paltry return for Dunn. Monroe is an out machine of the worst kind, and Ledezma projects to be a league-average pitcher. I'd love to install Rodney as the Reds' closer, but I'd pass on this deal.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post

Reds-Tigers:

Reds-Phillies:

After thinking about it, I could live with a Dunn/Coffey for Robertson/Rodney deal.

Robertson's stats have gotten better each year and would give the Reds a solid three with Harang and Arroyo.

The money saved by dealing Dunn would be used towards Burrell's contract. As for the Phillies deal, they know they have to either take on salary or pay at least half of Burrell's contract if he agrees to waive his no trade clause. Unloading LaRue and Milton would knock off around 10 million, which makes Burrell's deal more affordable. With two years, 29 million remaining on Burrell's deal, the Reds would need to unload some bloated contracts.
    Last edited by Krusty; 11-09-2006 at 09:41 AM.

I think for us to even have a chance at texeria it would take bailey. Why trade texeria for dunn, money would probably be better spent on texeria at this point.

I'd pass on Robertson, too. He's got a declining K/9 rate and gives up a ton of homers while pitching in a cavernous stadium. Fool's gold.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

WOW!

Dunn, Votto, + a pitching prospect for Tex!?

One of the worst trades ever IMO

I would also pass on Robertson. He gives up nearly 30 HRs a year. Probably 40 in GABP.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    WOW!

Dunn, Votto, + a pitching prospect for Tex!?

One of the worst trades ever IMO

i agree!
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

If a long term contract could be reach with Teixeira. Then IMO it wouldn't be "one of the worst trades ever". IMO

The LH Robertson still has a decent K/BB ratio, played in what might be the best division and still posted a 3.84ERA. The switch in leagues could give him even better stats. Before the Arroyo trade I would guess most Reds fans would rather have had Robertson than Arroyo. All I'm saying is if Robertson were to become a Red, it would be an UPGRADE to the rotation.

2005 stats:
    Robertson
    2005 G GS W L SV CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB K ERA WHIP BAA
    DET 32 32 7 16 0 2 0 196.2 202 113 98 28 65 122 4.48 1.36 .266
    Arroyo
    2005 G GS W L SV CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB K ERA WHIP BAA
    BOS 35 32 14 10 0 0 0 205.1 213 116 103 22 54 100 4.51 1.30 .266

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    All I'm saying is if Robertson were to become a Red, it would be an UPGRADE to the rotation.

If the cost is Dunn, it would be a downgrade for the team as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    If the cost is Dunn, it would be a downgrade for the team as a whole.
    Yep. And over the last three seasons, his splits show 51 HR (299 IP) on the road versus 36 HR at home (303 IP). That's 1.53 HR/9 IP away from Comerica. I don't really want that anywhere near the GAB.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?