Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds tickets prices go up...

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Reds tickets prices go up...

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT04/611100433

Reds tickets go up
    Single-game tickets will cost more next year
    BY JOHN FAY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
    It's going to cost you more to go to a Reds game next year - particularly on a summer weekend - unless you're willing to buy a season-ticket package.

The Reds announced their ticket prices for 2007 Thursday. Prices are going up between $1 and $4 for non-premium seats. Most premium seats are going up $5. Diamond seats are going up $10.

But there's a catch. The biggest change is the Reds have gone to variable pricing. That basically means tickets will cost $5 more for three "premier" series and $2 more for four "select" series.

"Variable pricing has been something we've looked into for a couple of years," chief operating officer John Allen said. "It's something the sports industry is going into in general, rather than raising prices across the board."

The three premier series are Cleveland (June 8-10), St. Louis (June 29-July 1) and the Chicago Cubs (July 27-29). The select series are Texas (June 15-17), Arizona (July 6-8), San Diego (Aug. 10-12) and Florida (Aug. 24-26).

Basically all weekend games in June, July and August have an additional charge.

The Reds have made an effort to hold the line in some cases:

Outer-view level seats still will be sold at $5 for non-premier or select series and can be bought in advance this year.

Season tickets - purchased before Jan. 31 - will be sold at 2006 prices. That goes for both renewals and new purchases. After Jan. 31, they'll go up 22 percent.

"We wanted to hold the line for our most loyal fans," Allen said. "We haven't increased season-ticket prices since before we moved into the new stadium. The old blue seats from Cinergy were $32. They're still $30 at Great American."

Allen said the club will offer value packs as it did last season, which included Opening Day and seven other games. Pricing on those packages has not been announced.

Season-ticket packages go on sale Dec. 1 at Redsfest or at reds.com. Individual-game tickets are not on sale yet. Gift certificates can be purchased at reds.com or by calling 513-765-7400.

E-mail jfay@enquirer.com
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds tickets prices go up...

11/09/2006 9:32 PM ET
    Reds release updated ticket info
    Slight changes to pricing in advance of sales open
    By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- Ticket prices for the Reds' 2007 home schedule at Great American Ball Park were revealed on Thursday, with some changes from the 2006 season.
    Outer view level seats will remain at $5 next season and will be sold in advance of game day. But depending on the location in other sections, ticket prices for non-premium seating will increase in a range of $1-$4. The club has combined or renamed some seating categories.

Ticket prices will be higher than the regular prices during three "premier series" and four "select series" games. Premier games are against the Indians (June 8-10), Cardinals (June 29-July 1) and Cubs (July 27-29). Select series will be against the Diamondbacks (July 6-8), Padres (August 10-12) and Marlins (August 24-26).

As an incentive to fans that purchase their season ticket packages in full by January 31 -- including current season ticket holder renewals and new accounts -- they will be priced at the 2006 season rates. Season ticket packages purchased by January 31 will include savings up to 34 percent over next year's individual ticket prices and will not be subject to all of the variable pricing scales.

Season ticket packages renewed or purchased after January 31 will be priced at 2007 season ticket prices but still will include savings up to 22 percent over next season's individual ticket prices.

Season ticket packages will go on sale Dec. 1 and can be purchased at Reds.com or at Redsfest. For more information on season ticket packages, contact the season sales department at (513) 765-7500.

Mark Sheldon is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I think raising the prices for the most-demanded series is good business sense. It's goes along with supply and demand. Of course, rather than raising the prices of the summer weekend series, they could have lowered the prices of the other games instead.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

It's going to be a little tougher to get our seats, Kitty, now that they are selling them in advance.

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone else see the ad on the side of the page that they were selling DVDs for WKRP in Cincinnati?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Don't mean to get away from the thread, but buyer beware on those WKRP DVD's. The DVD has not been officially released. It is still the #7 most requested unreleased title on tvshowsondvd.com.

I would guess those episodes are the syndicated versions with replacement music. There is so much original music in every episode I had heard the show may never be released in its original form. Same problem with many other shows such as The Wonder Years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It's going to be a little tougher to get our seats, Kitty, now that they are selling them in advance.

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone else see the ad on the side of the page that they were selling DVDs for WKRP in Cincinnati?
    I was thinking the same thing about the $5 seats... but I wonder if they will sell them as season tickets??? (I doubt it).

Well, I've put in my budget for next year a weekend season ticket package maybe in the moon deck...

From Marc's blog:

Thursday, November 09, 2006
    Ticket prices announced

The Reds released their ticket prices for next season, with a couple of increases, but not too drastic

From Reds:

The Cincinnati Reds today announced ticket prices for individual games at Great American Ball Park during the 2007 regular season.

Depending on seat location, ticket prices for non-premium seating categories will increase from $1 to $4. Some seating categories have been combined and renamed for convenience to fans in selecting seating options.

The popular outer view level seats will remain $5 and next season will be sold in advance of game day. Approximately 38 percent of the ballpark seats will be priced at $19 or less.

Next season there will be three Premier Series against the Cleveland Indians (June 8-10), St. Louis Cardinals (June 29-July 1) and Chicago Cubs (July 27-29) and four Select Series against the Texas Rangers (June 15-17), Arizona Diamondbacks (July 6-8), San Diego Padres (August 10-12) and Florida Marlins (August 24-26).

Season ticket packages purchased in full by January 31 - including current season ticket holder renewals in addition to new accounts - will be priced at the 2006 season rates. Season ticket packages purchased by January 31 will include savings up to 34 percent over next yearís individual ticket prices and will not be subject to all of the variable pricing scales.

Season ticket packages renewed or purchased after January 31 will be priced at 2007 season ticket prices but still will include savings up to 22 percent over next seasonís individual ticket prices.

All season packages will be available for sale December 1 at Redsfest or by visiting reds.com. For additional information on season packages, contact the Redsí season sales department at (513) 765-7500.

Gift certificates for the 2007 regular season now are available in $10 and $15 increments. They can be purchased online at reds.com or by phone at (513) 765-7400. Gift certificates also will be available at Redsfest.

2007 Ticket Prices At Great American Ball Park

Regular Select Premier
    Infield Box $40 $42 $45
    Diamond Seats $225 $227 $230
    Field Box $32 $34 $37
    Scout Seats $75 $77 $80
    View Level Box $20 $22 $25
    Lower Club $65 $67 $70
    Mezzanine $20 $22 $25
    Dugout Box $65 $67 $70
    Sun Deck/Moon Deck $20 $22 $25
    Club Home $65 $67 $70
    Terrace Outfield $19 $21 $24
    Club Seating $50 $52 $55
    View Level $13 $15 $18
    Bleachers $10 $12 $15
    Outer View Level $5 $7 $10

I like the fact that they are asking those loathsome Cubs fans to pay more of our expenses this year.

Rem

They're really beginning to drive the lower and middle class out of the market. With 140 games on TV, what family of 6, college couple, retired person, etc. is going to break their budget when they can watch from the comfort of their own home?
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

I'd complain but it's still pretty reasonable in comparison with everything else. Heck, a cheap seat to the Cyclones' game costs $12 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric in IL View Post
    Don't mean to get away from the thread, but buyer beware on those WKRP DVD's. The DVD has not been officially released. It is still the #7 most requested unreleased title on tvshowsondvd.com.

I would guess those episodes are the syndicated versions with replacement music. There is so much original music in every episode I had heard the show may never be released in its original form. Same problem with many other shows such as The Wonder Years.

Yeah, I thought that was what it might be cause I heard the same thing that you did about WKRP and the original music.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    They're really beginning to drive the lower and middle class out of the market. With 140 games on TV, what family of 6, college couple, retired person, etc. is going to break their budget when they can watch from the comfort of their own home?
    Well, if you take your family of 6 and sit in the Outer View Level at $5 a pop, that's a whopping $30 for tickets. At 3 hours of entertainment for 6 people that's $1.66 per hour per person. Unless a family is in real desperate straights financially (in which case going to a baseball game doesn't make much sense) I don't see how that would "break the budget".

If you plan ahead and don't try to feed your family of 6 a full course meal at the stadium, park on the street, etc a baseball game is, in fact, a very good return for your entertainment dollar.

That is, of course, if you consider the Reds this decade as "entertaining".
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

My father and I looked into getting a weekend package for the Club Home Seats (sections 220 to 228?). First, they don't do a weekend package for those seats(I could have sworn they offered one in the past, but perhaps I missread something). You have to get the whole season ticket package.

And they want a 3 year commitment. So for two seats, for three years = $24,600.

So we're just going to get the same seats on the 20 game weekend package we did last year and upgrade to Club Home seats the day of the game when they are available. The feal of the entire game is somehow different in those seats. Our actual seats on the weekend package were really nice but the Club Homes just seem....more a part of the game?

But I have to be honest, those are some flat out awesome seats. If I had the funds, time and a very understanding wife, I'd serriously consider the investment.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    College couples get half price nights (in advance of game day), then there family nights when the head of household pays full price and the rest of the family gets in half price, if a person is retired and a senior citizen they get special games as well. Now if you want to attend on the other days...

But I agree with abner - it can be done on a budget but you have to plan ahead.

Turn Off Ads?