Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds ink Bubba Crosby to a 1 year deal

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Reds ink Bubba Crosby to a 1 year deal

Reds, Outfielder Bubba Crosby Agree On 1-Year Contract

CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds and free agent OF Bubba Crosby have agreed to terms on a 1-year Major League contract for the 2007 season, general manager Wayne Krivsky announced today. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Crosby, 30, last season appeared in 65 games for the New York Yankees and 22 games at Class AAA Columbus. In June he also made 3 rehabilitation appearances at Class A Tampa while recovering from a right hamstring injury.

Originally selected by the Los Angeles Dodgers with the 23rd pick of the first round of the June 1998 first-year player draft, in his career Crosby has appeared in 205 games for the Los Angeles Dodgers and Yankees. He was traded from the Dodgers to New York on July 31, 2003, along with RHP Scott Proctor, in exchange for 3B Robin Ventura.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds ink Bubba Crosby to a 1 year deal

Matt loves breaking news.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Yea! I'm sure Narron will have him in the cleanup spot by May.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I live for this

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

"Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."
    sigh...
    sorry we're boring

First I saw the Reds signed Crosby, then I sat Still, now I Nash my teeth.

A no power, no speed OF.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

News breaks out...Matt breaks in....

Or is that when rashes break out? I can never remember.

I dont think bubbas to bad of an option off the bench. If he ever becomes our full time starter we really suck.

Whew! Glad to see the Reds aren't being overshadowed by that silly little trade between New York and Detroit! :

Rem

What the heck? Why in God's name do you sign a 30 year old OF with a career .555 OPS to a major league deal? I like Krivsky's activity, but geez does he scare the crap out of me.

His career SLG% is 2 points higher than Neifi Perez' career OBP. Read that sentence again. And again. Freaking waste of a 25 man roster spot.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post

A no power, no speed OF.
    ...he's not real Young either (30) :

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Heck, 30 is Still Young!

Wayne isn't happy just wasting one roster spot with a worthless player in Juan Castro. He's instead shooting for the high goal of wasting two roster spots with worthless players now that he's added Crosby to the mix.

I would say that this bench next year may be the worst I've ever seen, but that would be a luxury at this point. Knowing our luck, on Opening Day Wayne and Jerry will have Castro starting at shortstop and Crosby starting in right field.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Let's all settle down a bit....free agency doesn't technically start until Monday (I think)....it's not like this is the "big move" of a Carl Lindner offseason.

Just because they signed Bubba Crosby doesn't mean he'll make the team out of spring training. I would be surprised if, at most, he's a back end roster guy at best on the major league club.

Let's not get all worked up over nothing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Let's all settle down a bit....free agency doesn't technically start until Monday (I think)....it's not like this is the "big move" of a Carl Lindner offseason.

Just because they signed Bubba Crosby doesn't mean he'll make the team out of spring training. I would be surprised if, at most, he's a back end roster guy at best on the major league club.

Let's not get all worked up over nothing.
    Major League contracts are guaranteed, no? Crosby is the type of guy you invite to camp, not sign to a major league deal before the GM meetings. WK just cost himself a roster spot and gained absolutely nothing he couldn't get on March 15th if he still needed a sub-replacement level 5th OF.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 11-10-2006 at 04:50 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?