Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Does anyone know anything about Tim Henry 1979 draft pick?

WHOOOOOO!

Does anyone know anything about Tim Henry 1979 draft pick?

The Reds drafted him in the 8th round of the 1979 draft, but I cannot find anything more on him than we drafted him in the 1979 draft and then the Rangers drafted him in the 1980 draft in the 11th round. I would like some info on him if there are any of ORG that remember. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does anyone know anything about Tim Henry 1979 draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by flynn78 View Post
    The Reds drafted him in the 8th round of the 1979 draft, but I cannot find anything more on him than we drafted him in the 1979 draft and then the Rangers drafted him in the 1980 draft in the 11th round. I would like some info on him if there are any of ORG that remember. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    Well here's one lead from Baseball-Reference.com, a transaction on my 40th birthday:

The Texas Rangers traded players to be named later to the Chicago Cubs for Dickie Noles. The Texas Rangers sent Tim Henry (minors) (December 11, 1984) and Jorge Gomez (minors) (December 11, 1984) to the Chicago Cubs to complete the trade.
    That's the end of the trail from my search.

He played baseball at Paris Jr College in Texas before moving on to Texas Wesleyan University, an NAIA school. Depending on how important it is to you to find out about him, you might contact these schools to see if anyone has kept in touch with him. Texas Wesleyan has their baseball media guide on their Web site in PDF format. I don't know if it would contain anything other than his place in their record books, though.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Chicago Cubs
    July 2, 1984

Traded Dickie Noles to the Texas Rangers. Received players to be named later. The Texas Rangers sent Tim Henry (minors) (December 11, 1984) and Jorge Gomez (minors) (December 11, 1984) to the Chicago Cubs to complete the trade.

WHOOOOOO!

Thanks, this is also all that I could find about him as well. I was hoping that I could find some minor league stats. He is kind of a mystery man.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

He pitched 2.2 innings for Burlington in 1982 and gave up 2 hits, he had a 10.15 ERA and appeared in 3 different games, and he made an error.
    Last edited by westofyou; 11-12-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Rumour has it that he played guitar in the Grateful Dead cover band "Mobius Cobius" in Athens during the late eighties and lived in an old farm house near Amesville not so affectionately called "The Fly Ranch".
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Turn Off Ads?