Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OSU vs Michigan -Going All in on the River

OSU vs Michigan -Going All in on the River

All right six days lets hear your predictions and thoughts.

My prediction Ohio State by six. I have no idea on the final score, probably some sort 20-13 game. My thought is that OSU will need to pass to win, and that Michigan will need Manningham to step up if they are going to win in the 'shoe.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OSU vs Michigan -Going All in on the River

Michigan by 3.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Under the circumstances I want to edit my original dribble posted regarding the Michigan vs. Ohio State game, it just isn't the same without BO.

It will be just fine with me if Michigan wins this one for Bo.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 11-17-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Ohio State will win. I don't even know where to begin in terms of a score. I think both teams will come out with gameplans significantly different from what they have used the past few weeks.

That being said, whichever team loses the game has a 100% legitimate argument to still be in the National Championship. None of the other 1 loss teams has lost to an opponent as good as the winner of The Game. The other two undefeated's did not play schedules good enough to even be in the argument to make the National Championship.

I think people are going to be surprised at how good Michigan's defense is and how much OSU will struggle to move the ball. If Troy Smith has a really good day, the Buckeyes SHOULD win.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to turnovers, IMO. Whoever turns the ball over will lose.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I've never had anything good to say about OSU but as a Packer fan I do have to admit this guy AJ Hawk is not a bad ballplayer.

My prediction; OSU eeks out a win against Michigan and then, just when you guys are starting your celebration, they blow it in the BCS game agaist Florida or Usc or whoever.

I agree that tsun's defense is WAY good. But so is OSU's. The key will be stopping tsun's pass rush...but the wildcard is Troy Smith's agility and ability to escape trouble. tsun hasn't seen anyone as good at Troy this year...nor have they seen an offense as good as OSU's. Granted, OSU hasn't faced a D as good as tsun's but I'm really not worried about this game. Mainly for these reasons:

OSU: too many weapons.
    Troy: escapability
    Home game for the Bucks
    and finally: Tressel simply owns Lllloyd Carr.

Can't wait!

I'll give you my prediction after I've had more time to think about it.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Not to say anything one way or the other, but in the history of the OSU/UM rivalry, no OSU quarterback has ever beaten Michigan 3 times as a starter.

Troy has won twice...

Never has OSU played tsun when both were ranked #1 and #2. There's always a first time for everything.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think people are going to be surprised at how good Michigan's defense is and how much OSU will struggle to move the ball. If Troy Smith has a really good day, the Buckeyes SHOULD win.
    My sentiments exactly.

Michigan is #1 overall in the Big 10 in defense, and #1 in rushing defense. OSU is #2 in rushing defense. Both are going to have a hard time establishing the run. It's going to come down to which QB has the best day, and why I give the edge to Smith because Michigan is #6 in Pass Defense and 9th in passing offense. They rely more on the run.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to turnovers, IMO. Whoever turns the ball over will lose.
    OSU - #1 scoring defense
    Michigan - #2 scoring defense

It should be one heck of a game.

What the heck! You know Tressel is gonna kick some FGs in this one!

23-17 OSU
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Let me first say that I'm a huge Blue fan.

I see this one being a 10 point game with OSU taking it because...

OSU home game.
    Troy Smith escability and overall athleticism.
    Jim Tressel - seems to own Carr the last 5 years.

I see most of the other units pretty even.
    QB - Adv Smith because of manueverability and ability to escape the rush.
    OBackfield - Adv Wolverines but slight.
    OLine - Even
    DLine - Adv Wolverines but slight.
    DBackfield - Even
    Special Teams - Adv OSU
    Coaching - Adv OSU
    Intangibles - Adv OSU with being at home.

I will predict 23-13 OSU. Games that have this much hype RARELY are as good as predicted.

With all of that being said,

GO BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    Let me first say that I'm a huge Blue fan.

I see this one being a 10 point game with OSU taking it because...

OSU home game.
    Troy Smith escability and overall athleticism.
    Jim Tressel - seems to own Carr the last 5 years.

I see most of the other units pretty even.
    QB - Adv Smith because of manueverability and ability to escape the rush.
    OBackfield - Adv Wolverines but slight.
    OLine - Even
    DLine - Adv Wolverines but slight.
    DBackfield - Even
    Special Teams - Adv OSU
    Coaching - Adv OSU
    Intangibles - Adv OSU with being at home.

I will predict 23-13 OSU. Games that have this much hype RARELY are as good as predicted.

With all of that being said,

GO BLUE!
    I agree with this except for the part of it not living up to the hype. This game is always hyped and it rarely disappoints. I also foresee a little more offense by both teams than the general sentiment. I'm calling 31-23 Buckeyes.

BTW, UC is my team. I don't have a horse in this race other than the desire to see two great teams going at it with everything on the line.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Ohio State 30
    Michigan 10

It'll be a much tighter game than that score indicates. I see a Pittman TD in the last 5 minutes, with Henne throwing a panic interception that gets returned for a score as he tries to hurry Michigan back down the field.

10-10 tie UM wins in BCS rematch - My angst from 1973 might wane then.

You know, it kills me to actually type this.

I think both teams are very evenly matched. I think a lot of OSU fans are going to be surprised by UM's defense, particulary the pressure they are going to be able to get on Smith, and their ability to completely shut down Wells and Pittman in the running game. They will make OSU one-dimensional in this game. On the other side, Michigan needs to run the ball to setup the pass. Without the run, they are done. Given OSU's speed, UM is going to have to win the battle in the trenches to establish a good running game. If they can make adjustments during the game, they could do that, but I have a hard time believing they'll be able to run like they want to. I think the difference in this game is Troy Smith. I hate the guy, but he has a knack for making the big plays in big games. He will escape the rush and get passes off that he shouldn't that'll go for big gains at crucial times. I don't think Henne can match that. He has gotten a lot better this year, but he's just not there yet. My prediction: Ohio State 24 Michigan 17.

Just to make myself feel better, I will say that Michigan will win the 2007 game by 10+ points. Henne, Hart, Manningham, Arrington, and Long return on offense. They'll be explosive next year.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?