Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: OSU vs Michigan -Going All in on the River

Re: OSU vs Michigan -Going All in on the River

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I agree with that for the most part. However, an unbiased media would have given more credit to two offenses that can score on anyone.
    How do we know that they can score on anyone? Neither has played any of the teams that you are saying the media is biased toward.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Maybe, but I do remember what good defense looks like. I didn't see any from 3:30-7:00 on Saturday... except in the Bama-Auburn game.
    Lets see who the SEC has beaten in nonconference this year. Your top team, Arkansas lost 50-14 to USC at home. Florida has played Southern Miss, Central Flroida and Western Michigan. LSU played Louisianna -Lafayette, Arizona, Tulane and Fresno St. all at home. Auburn played Wash St., Buffalo, Tulane and Ark St. all at home. The only quality win by the conference was Ten 35-14 over Cal and I don't think you'll rave too much about Tennessee or Cal.

Until the SEC beats a quality team on the road (or even at home), we won't know how good those defenses are.

Until the SEC beats a quality team on the road (or even at home), we won't know how good those defenses are.
    Wait 'till Spurrier & Carolina beats Clemson at Death Valley on Saturday.

(Memo to writerdan - i'm sure the supersports FM just got a big chuckle out of that one. Sorry - I'll expect neg reps soon)
    Last edited by Heath; 11-20-2006 at 12:00 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Florida has played Southern Miss, Central Flroida and Western Michigan.
    Don't forget Western Carolina. Bet that one had the swamp quaking in their boots.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    How do we know that they can score on anyone? Neither has played any of the teams that you are saying the media is biased toward.
    You're right that they haven't played OSU or Michigan, but the schedule is hardly UofL's fault. When they scheduled Kansas St. and Miami those were top teams but they've fallen off of late. (I will say that it is ridiculous that UofL beat KSt on the road with their backup QB by two touchdowns and a 2-loss Texas is still ranked above them.) They were supposed to have a home and home series with Georgia Tech, Vandy, and UT starting in the next two years but all three have backed out of the deals. Its hard to get a great schedule when no one will play you.

I'm not saying that UofL should be top five or anything like that. They blew their chance on that one. I'm just saying they don't get respect because they're not a traditional power.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    ...and Louisville didn't exactly light it up against a Rutgers defense that just gave up 30 points to Cincinnati.

If your team had to play an SEC schedule, they'd make their nonconference fairly easy too.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    ...and Louisville didn't exactly light it up against a Rutgers defense that just gave up 30 points to Cincinnati.
    In their defense, it was really only 23. 7 points came from a pick-six.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    If your team had to play an SEC schedule, they'd make their nonconference fairly easy too.
    How do we know if the SEC teams are all great or just average when they don't play anyone else. This argument is pretty pointless now. We'll see how they perform this year in the BCS bowls. If they do well, Ill give them their props.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    And OSU didn't exactly light up an Illinois team that Rutgers blew out earlier in the year. Weird things happen in road conference games.

We'll just have to see what happens. If things work out the way they should, UofL should get the Big East's BCS bid. We'll see how they fare in that situation.

And OSU didn't exactly light up an Illinois team that Rutgers blew out earlier in the year. Weird things happen in road conference games.
    They didn't have to. The main difference between the two games being, of course, is that one team won while the other lost.

I agree that it is difficult for "unheralded" teams to gain respect in college football. There's really no question about that, and it's one of my largest criticisms of the game. But I don't agree that Louisville is necessarily being overlooked. They're a good--but not great--team.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Anyone get a final tally on how many cars were burned after the game Saturday night?

I still remember vividly the 8 cars that were burned on 15th (IIRC) for the game Clarett played. 2002, IIRC.
    None. And there was just one overturned car.

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.p...120-A1-02.html

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    None. And there was just one overturned car.

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.p...120-A1-02.html
    Would that be LLoyd Carr on his way to the National Championship?

Turn Off Ads?