Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OSU vs Michigan -Going All in on the River

Re: OSU vs Michigan -Going All in on the River

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I don't know who is going to win so i won't give a prediction - but I will say if Michigan wins I will be so freakin happy I will head out to the nudie bar and drop some serious coin on some lucky ladies.

And I'm not even a Michigan fan.
    So... you're saying you don't like OSU? That's cool.

So don't get so emotional when others (like myself) say we don't like ND?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

OSU is 6.5 point favorites and the Over Under is 41.

I don't know who'll win bet I think Michigan will cover and I'd take the "under"

It's going to be a damn close game.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    So... you're saying you don't like OSU? That's cool.

So don't get so emotional when others (like myself) say we don't like ND?
    When Michigan and Notre Dame play each other, I hope for a scoreless tie where neither team gains any yards and no tackles are recorded. In other words, the teams spend the entire game trading missed field goals from midfield.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    When Michigan and Notre Dame play each other, I hope for a scoreless tie where neither team gains any yards and no tackles are recorded. In other words, the teams spend the entire game trading missed field goals from midfield.
    I want Michigan to win that game usually. I want it to be ugly and crappy though.

I much prefer a strong Michigan team over a weak Michigan team. Makes weeks like this the best.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    My thought:

I loathe the University of Michigan.

My prediction:

Ohio State = Infinity

Michigan = Negative Infinity

Is that with regular-sized Ditka or mini-Ditka?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I want Michigan to win that game usually. I want it to be ugly and crappy though.

I much prefer a strong Michigan team over a weak Michigan team. Makes weeks like this the best.
    I do love the fact that it's #1 v. #2. I thought 2002 was the pinnacle of Michigan games, but I think this tops that.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    I do love the fact that it's #1 v. #2. I thought 2002 was the pinnacle of Michigan games, but I think this tops that.
    The "experts" are saying that this game is the biggest, most important regular season game in the history of college football. When you step back and analyze it, really, how can you argue that it isn't?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Indiana receiver James Hardy, asked to pick a winner: "Ohio State. They're stronger and they're faster. When they hit you, they try to hurt you."

I like.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Indiana receiver James Hardy, asked to pick a winner: "Ohio State. They're stronger and they're faster. When they hit you, they try to hurt you."

I like.
    Well, he should know. He caught more balls against Ohio St than Michigan...

:
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The "experts" are saying that this game is the biggest, most important regular season game in the history of college football. When you step back and analyze it, really, how can you argue that it isn't?

Ara Parseghian says hi.

http://www.cqql.net/msu-1966.htm
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

What worries me about Michigan is their defense.

Against the run, they have stone-walled everyone this year. I think only one team has rushed for more than 60 yards against them all year. The Buckeyes will need to gain at least enough yards on the ground the keep the Wolverines pass rush honest. If they gain in the range of 75-125 yards, that should be enough. But that will be a tough thing to do.

And their pass rush worries me too. Their new defensive coordinator isn't like UM's coordinators of old. He'll blitz, blitz early, and blitz often. And he'll blitz with anyone. LaMarr Woodley is one of the best d-lineman in the country and OSU's offensive line showed some cracks against Illinois. Troy Smith is human. If he gets blind-sided, he could cough up the ball. OSU's pass blocking will have to at least slow down the UM rush, get a body on every rusher, and give Smith time to move around the pocket and create some plays.

And I'm worried about Mike Hart going all Tim Biakabatuka on the Buckeyes. OSU's defense has throttled him in the past, but I think he played hurt last year. Good backs have shown they can gain yardage on OSU.

If UM gets an early lead, Henne could spend all day handing off to Hart. Michigan's D will attack and pressure the OSU passing offense. And OSU's defense won't be able to gamble and create turnovers like they have all year.

This is what I worry about.

Pay attention to the open sky

Roy, Roy, Roy....don't worry your self. OSU simply has "too many weapons."

Latest weather report has a few afternoon showers, high of 48 in colUMbus.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Is Edskin one of those "experts"?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Ara Parseghian says hi.

http://www.cqql.net/msu-1966.htm
    That one was big, no doubt. But here's what sets this year's OSU/UofM game apart from that one:

1. the Rivalry itself. It's the greatest rivalry in college football (maybe in all of sports)...and after all the beating up on each other, and hatred for one another, this year, for the first time, they are both undefeated and ranked 1 and 2. It's never happened before (two teams from the same conference). It would be a huge game if it were any two schools at all 1 vs. 2 to end the season with the winner going on the the BCS title game. But throw in all the history and tradition and the most intense rivalry in sports, and you have a very unique situation.

2. The media factor. The hype brought on by the media just didn't exist in 1966 like it does now. There's just so much more awareness and just, well hype surrounding this game. I don't recall any other game in college football ever having been so widely anticipated.

So, with all due respect to Ara Parseghian...I'll pick this game as the "game of the century (pre-game at least...who knows it may end up being a dud when it's all said and done).

Roy, remember Alex Boone is back this week. I heard John Cooper on today with Colin Cowherd and he insinuated that Tressel kept him out when he could have played to ensure he is full strength this week. Cooper said he is fine. Alex Boone is on my short list of players for Ohio State who will be difference makers. The rest are Curtis Terry, Stan White, Jake Ballard, and the backup recievers. Also watch out for Jamario Oneal, that kid is a stud waiting to break out, he hasn't yet but this is the kind of stage players step to the front on.

My sister's boyfriend's brother is a turfgrass management major at OSU and has been working on the field this last month. He claims it looks really good, they are hoping that they don't get too much rain over the next few days. Rumors persist that they will put in the same kind of artificial turf that they have at Paul Brown Stadium next season.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Turn Off Ads?