Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bengals putting a beat-down on San Diego

Re: Bengals putting a beat-down on San Diego

Marvin ain't going nowhere, and if he did, it would be a huge mistake. Sometimes it takes a few years to learn all the ropes as a head coach and get things where they need to be. Some coaches are successful right out of the chute, but many others need time. Tony Dungy, Jeff Fisher, Mike Holmgren, and Bill Belichick are some who come to mind as having only moderate success their first few years in the league, only to have everything come together later. I would hate to see Marvin leave here, only to win a Super Bowl somewhere else. I'm as disgusted as anyone with the state of affairs this year, and have felt this season tanking ever since the blowout to NE followed by the embarassment at Tampa Bay. But I do think that Lewis will eventually get everything into place to make a legitimate run at a title.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

“There are a lot of unhappy people,” especially strong safety Dexter Jackson.

“We got comfortable on our side of the ball,” Jackson said. “They just didn’t quit. They wanted it more than we did.

“It’s not over. We just tell guys if you don’t want to do it, you need to get out of here,” said Jackson, alluding to the defensive side of the ball. “We let up. They didn’t quit.We had some guys quit. You score 41, you’re supposed to win that game.”

:thumbdown @ the guys Dexter Jackson is talking about.

Marvin shouldn't be going anywhere, but after all the talk by the announcers during the game as to how Marvin had burned the stat sheets prior to the game to demonstrate how it was a new season, what does Marvin set fire to now? A player or two?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Personally, even suggesting that Marvin is a part of the problem rather than a part of the solution is just crazy talk. The funny thing is, the team that beat us yesterday had a similar season to ours last year, losing close games, just seemingly unable to finish off games. Our season is going like that. Is Marvin perfect? Obviously not. But he does know what he's doing and understands what it takes to build a winning franchise. How soon we forget the 90s, I guess.

I'm not sure about the "quitting" thing. I'm sure they have some basis for making such charges from what they saw happening, but I honestly think that is a lame excuse for the D that simply does not have enough talent to stop NFL offenses.

Firing who, what, when, how?

Are we still talking Bengals, or is it Reds now.

Marvin Lewis ain't going anywhere. Your defensive coordinator might though.

I still say key injuries to the defense (and suspensions) is what has hurt the Bengals. Plus, I don't think Palmer, though he had a good day yesterday, is still 100%.

Take some deep cleansing breathes. Do some deep knee bends and/or yoga exercises. Your team is gonna be O.K.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-13-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Ocho Sucko?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Ocho Sucko?
    You better have your helmet on buddy, because you're gonna get bombed!

Chad's 260 receiving yards yesterday was a Bengal's single-game record.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Keep Marvin.

FIRE CHUCK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

losing close games, just seemingly unable to finish off games.
    This game should not have ever been in the "close" category. They didn't have to only finish it off, they just had to play average football in the second half.

The season was over yesterday- if not after the New England game. There are some serious problems, many of which are nobody's fault other than luck (injuries to many key players).

When I looked at the schedule before the season, I thought the Bengals would be lucky to be .500. Our whole division is really struggling with the schedule. Early on the Bengals looked like they could hang with anybody and after a 4-0 start, they just had to play .500 the rest of the way to be in contention.

Now that's in the crapper and we can look forward to next season. Anybody know which division we play next year? Hopefully it isn't worse than this what we have to play this year.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 11-13-2006 at 04:45 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

2007:

Home to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, Patriots, Jets, Arizona, and St. Louis

Road games at Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, San Francisco, and Seattle.

The final 2 games will be based on where the Bengals finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Now that's in the crapper and we can look forward to next season. Anybody know which division we play next year? Hopefully it isn't worse than this what we have to play this year.
    They play the AFC East and the NFC West. Here are their opponents, with current record in parentheses. The two "TBA" games will be against the teams from the AFC South and AFC West that finish in the same position in their division standings as the Bengals.

HOME:

Pittsburgh (3-6)
    Cleveland (3-6)
    Baltimore (7-2)
    New England (6-3)
    New York Jets (5-4)
    Arizona (1-8)
    St Louis (4-5)
    TBA

ROAD:

Pittsburgh (3-6)
    Cleveland (3-6)
    Baltimore (7-2)
    Buffalo (3-6)
    Miami (3-6)
    San Francisco (4-5)
    Seattle (6-3)
    TBA

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

whoops - should be the name of this thread.

Wow - San Diego - they might be thinking Super Bowl. But, they do have Marty Schottenheimer as coach. And, there is Denver in their division.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

The problem is this team's history in regards to how it fixes things and problems.

This can be like 1987.....where the whole team bickered and pointed fingers and lost games in the most crazy ways.

They hated management....beacuse before FA...this team was probably the cheapest of the cheap when it came to paying players and taking care of players.

We know how they rebounded the next year.

The thing i always take with me is that they can still rebound next year....BUT with this team's history.....who knows.

BTW....hear Rivers comments after the game also....."We did not quit. We did not point fingers at halftime. We do not do that like other teams' around the leauge do."

Please tell me he was NOT talking about the Bengals........who can if they were on the Titanic when it was sinking... would be balming everyone else....and knocking over the women and children to get on the lifeboats.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Ocho Sucko?
    That's just amazing. He did miss a heckuva lot of tackles yesterday, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The problem is this team's history in regards to how it fixes things and problems.

This can be like 1987.....where the whole team bickered and pointed fingers and lost games in the most crazy ways.

They hated management....beacuse before FA...this team was probably the cheapest of the cheap when it came to paying players and taking care of players.

We know how they rebounded the next year.

The thing i always take with me is that they can still rebound next year....BUT with this team's history.....who knows.

BTW....hear Rivers comments after the game also....."We did not quit. We did not point fingers at halftime. We do not do that like other teams' around the leauge do."

Please tell me he was NOT talking about the Bengals........who can if they were on the Titanic when it was sinking... would be balming everyone else....and knocking over the women and children to get on the lifeboats.
    Rivers has been in one locker room in his career, so anything he has to say about other locker rooms is second hand information at best.

Turn Off Ads?