Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Covering the major food groups: First we had the Biscuits, now we have the Peanuts

Covering the major food groups: First we had the Biscuits, now we have the Peanuts

A couple of years ago the world was given this minor league team, the Montgomery Biscuits:

Now they'll be joined by the South Georgia Peanuts:

What is the baseball world coming to? To borrow a joke from another message board, this is just nuts!

They'll play in the Independent South Coast League, along with the Bradenton Juice and the Charlotte County Redfish. So, along with getting your fix of baseball, you can rest assured that you're getting something from the major food groups, as well.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Covering the major food groups: First we had the Biscuits, now we have the Peanut

That's funny that you sould say nuts..... http://modestonuts.com/

Re: Covering the major food groups: First we had the Biscuits, now we have the Peanut

There was a contest in the Montgomery paper to name the team,and for some reason the Biscuits name won.Must be something to it because their Southern League champs.And all the years I lived there and no minor league baseball despite all my lobbying to the Mayor there.Well I moved,they get a new Mayor who builds a new ballpark and gets a good AA team.
    Their the Tampa Bay affiliate,so all the good players have been through there in the farm team.Plus AA Chattanooga comes through there.My friend gives me Lookouts updates when they come through,and says Homer Bailey is the real deal.
    While I'm stuck with the stinkin Memphis Redbirds the AAA team of the Cards,with no Reds minor league team in their league.
    Last edited by Jr's Boy; 11-13-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    There was a contest in the Montgomery paper to name the team,and for some reason the Biscuits name won.Must be something to it because their Southern League champs.And all the years I lived there and no minor league baseball despite all my lobbying to the Mayor there.Well I moved,they get a new Mayor who builds a new ballpark and gets a good AA team.
    While I'm stuck with the stinkin Memphis Redbirds the AAA team of the Cards,with no Reds minor league team in their league.
    But you still have one awsome stadium there in Memphis....probably the best minor league park ive been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    But you still have one awsome stadium there in Memphis....probably the best minor league park ive been to.
    The team's the most important thing. A nice stadium is gravy.

Makes all the routine posts.

Nice ballpark,the team stinks though.

The meat group is covered:

www.tbonesbaseball.com
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

At least they didn't use a steak for a mascot.

I wonder which is the best baseball team in Kansas City?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post

I'll bet the T-bones could give the Royals some serious challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post

I can certainly tell you which team is the most fun to watch.

I think the T-Bones should name their cheerleaders the Strips -- it works on several levels.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?