Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: REd Sox win Matzsuzaka bid at 51.1 million

hollywood mid westerner

Re: REd Sox win Matzsuzaka bid at 42 million

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Oh, the irony...

not to mention the charm.

are u saying jersey guido is offensive? if you think thats ANYWHERE along the lines of other racial slurs then YOU my friend arent Italian and waaay tooo sensitive.

oogots

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Patpacillosjock View Post
    lol ever sat with the bronx and jersey guido's in the upper deck of yankee stadium?
    Yes...and I'm from NJ and Italian.

And I've not heard racially targeted attacks like you mention. In fact, Yankees and Mets crowds are among the most racially diverse that I've encountered -- so if someone yelled something at a player, they'd likely be offending someone sitting in their immediate vicinity.

I'm not saying in never happens, and I'm not saying the Bleacher Bums don't heckle (they do). But I've been to a bunch of Yankee games and I could classify the crowd a lot of ways, but racist isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Oh, the irony...

not to mention the charm.
    Charm? I was thinking of another word.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: REd Sox win Matzsuzaka bid at 51.1 million

I've run into really drunk, racist belligerent people at both Yankee Stadium and Fenway. Not all the time, but occasionally. Occasionally it even used to happen at Riverfront.

All it takes is for someone who is comfortable saying racist stuff in his living room to get so drunk that he doesn't realize that he's surrounded by other human beings.

It's not a Boston thing. It happens everywhere.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Re: REd Sox win Matzsuzaka bid at 51.1 million

Last edited by Reds4Life; 12-18-2006 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Racial comments

Turn Off Ads?