Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Opening day tickets?

Opening day tickets?

Does anyone know when they go on sale? Are they going to cost me a pretty penny? Me and some buddies are dying to go to that game and any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening day tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Does anyone know when they go on sale? Are they going to cost me a pretty penny? Me and some buddies are dying to go to that game and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    They go on sale to the general public right around Valentine's Day. Now what they did last year is package that game with some other games and sold them to folks before they went on sale to the general public. They did some other things too before they went on sale but I can't remember the details. And they are going to cost you a pretty penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

They are selling that 8 game ticket pack that includes opening day tickets again this year. They also had a drawing where you entered your email and if you were chosen you could purchase tickets before they went on sale to the general public. Other than those 2 options around mid February tickets will go on sale and we will all be on the computer trying to get connected to get the tickets.

I'm willing to buy beer for any kids who are willing to wait in line for me.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I'm willing to buy beer for any kids who are willing to wait in line for me.

You'd buy beer for kids?! I'm calling the cops on you!
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Heck, I'll pour it down their throats myself if they get me tix in the front row.

Stat geek...and proud

I'd like to go to an opening day sometime. Maybe this year.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I bought the 8 game power pack tickets last year including opening day the Indians series and the rest were friday night firework night tickets. I bought the five dollar bleacher tickets so it was pretty cheap for what I got. I think this year I may upgrade to better seats if I can but last year was well worth it for the price. Opening day really sucked last year though, missed the first couple innings because of the George W added security, it was freezing, and we were getting beat badly by the time I got to my seat. Hopefully this year things turn out a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD RIGHTHANDER View Post
    I bought the 8 game power pack tickets last year including opening day the Indians series and the rest were friday night firework night tickets. I bought the five dollar bleacher tickets so it was pretty cheap for what I got. I think this year I may upgrade to better seats if I can but last year was well worth it for the price. Opening day really sucked last year though, missed the first couple innings because of the George W added security, it was freezing, and we were getting beat badly by the time I got to my seat. Hopefully this year things turn out a bit better.
    Last year was bad and COLD - I left IIRC in the 6th inning and headed over to the Levee.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I did the 8pack last year and loved it!

I wonder what kind of premium the new regime is going to put on opening day tickets next year? Another $20 or $30 per ticket?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I don't have to worry about not getting opening day tickets since I am getting season tickets this yr and not my normal 20 game package in my outfield seats and 10 games in the diamond club. We decided to get the full seaon because we wanted to save money and plus we can go to more games this way.

Turn Off Ads?